Elk and mule deer teddy roosevelt north dakota

Roskilde gang, my son was drawn for cow/ calf elk in area E3. He also was gonna pick up an archery mule deer tag. Any thoughts or experience there would be appreciated. Might be a little tough to do both a the same time , but will have everything along. Was planning on multiple short trips though out the season instead of long one. Thanks in advance

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations to your son on drawing a tag! I would think the game and fish would have landowners names that would let you hunt, especially for a cow. I would definitely get a deer archery tag. Focus on elk, but if you run into a chance to stalk a deer go for it. If you aren’t to picky throughout elk season you will have chance’s at deer. Might have guys with better landowner connections on www.nodakangler.com.

Tons of deer. You should be able to make stalks all day long if you aren’t picky. The last few years I feel like quality has tanked.

Elk will be a little harder to find. But once you figure out the type of areas they hang out in it gets easy.

OP
G
Tons of deer. You should be able to make stalks all day long if you aren’t picky. The last few years I feel like quality has tanked.

Elk will be a little harder to find. But once you figure out the type of areas they hang out in it gets easy.
Thanks for the info. We're looking for more action than trophy. Thanks again