Elk Basecamp Gear you must have

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gents-

After years of backpack hunting, we are switching to a basecamp with Davis tent, stove and any and all gear we wish as we have plenty of room in enclosed trailer.
What are some of the things that are must haves? I don't want to miss either an obvious item, or a creature comfort that could make it that much better!

So far we have
Cots
chairs
table
cooking utensils
fire grate
coolers bound to be filled with great chow

Appreciate input (y)

Even if you ordered the floor from Davis, get rubber backed, ribbed top floor runners . They are available by the foot in home improvement stores. Put them in you walking areas.
Put a porch off the front of your tent.
Order the hanging wall storage from Davis also,Rifles, pistols,lights,etc all within easy reach.
Heat powered wood stove fan, like having two stoves
USO 30 day lanterns to light the tent.
Gorilla tape and an emergency Tent repair kit, it's going to happen eventually.

DerkPerk

Lil-Rokslider
Canopy as mentioned above. Folding table. Bath mat sized rug for near your cot. Leveling blocks for the cot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishslap

WKR
Splitting maul. I also have a lightweight sled for dragging wood if it snows. Way easier if you have trouble finding downed wood nearby. NOAA equipped weather radio is a must. Pan or flat griddle for making hot ham and cheese on the stove.

fishslap

WKR
Canopy as mentioned above. Folding table. Bath mat sized rug for near your cot. Leveling blocks for the cot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second lots of leveling blocks. That’s a good one. I have several 1x4 pieces and even some wood shims in my kit. I also forgot to mention a small hand sledge for stakes. Good shovel too. I like to bring several moving blankets and a few different size tarps. Roll of paracord. I could keep going....

If in a buggy area I pack a Thermacell Lantern and place it inside the shelter at dusk...gets all the pest out before ya turn in.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Lanterns and a cook stove. You can't rely on cooking over a fire if they've got fire restrictions in place. I use tarps as my floor in my wall tent, so also bring a broom. There are essentials, and then there are luxury items.

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Great stuff-thank you to all. Def didn’t have broom or shims down 👍

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
It appears the whisky would pair well with that cot warmer, got the whisky.....PM in bound Bruce 😜😜