Elk bedding

Elk don’t really bed during the night, and if they do it’s for a short while as the herd is in general, always moving after dark.
They’ll tend to head to bedding areas around 10am in the mornings, and bed for possibly for longer periods of time during the day, but definitely not always in the same spots, and also they tend to get up and either feed or mozy around, but not leave the immediate area unless the herd moves.
This applies mostly to summer and fall patterns.
Wintering elk act differently.

OP
P
Elk don’t really bed during the night, and if they do it’s for a short while as the herd is in general, always moving after dark.
They’ll tend to head to bedding areas around 10am in the mornings, and bed for possibly for longer periods of time during the day, but definitely not always in the same spots, and also they tend to get up and either feed or mozy around, but not leave the immediate area unless the herd moves.
This applies mostly to summer and fall patterns.
Wintering elk act differently.
I’m out at first light . With snow The tracks I’ve found the last few times that average 3 beds over the night .

I've seen many beds that were vacated shortly before daylight. At end of roads or even along roads, wherever they feel like taking a break. Walked up on them at 3pm bedded in timber at the end of a ridge.

From my experience I’ve always noticed elk moving and feeding during dark/twilight. Then found bedded during the late morning. Caught a few bulls laying under/near a tree this way.