elk bugle tube

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
So been on a bit of a building kick with corona and seasons coming up. Decided to make a few lightweight elk bulges for me and my buddies. They are about half the size length wise at 14in and half or less of the weight at 4oz as most bugles out there with out sacrificing bell volume, they actually have a larger bell diameter then most and to me are louder.

Did a bit of prototyping w/painting methods (not a fan of hydro-dipping lol) and settled on a manners gap-esque style paint since I really like it and its pretty easy to do consistently. Both the mouthpiece and the bell end are rubber coated for comfort on the former and durability on the later, it also serves to greatly lessen the "ping-y" or hollow sound many tubes have when you hit it or bump a tree/branch/etc.

I've "let" my boys run around with them the past week playing with them throwing them, yelling, dropping etc basically torture testing and have to say they have held up really well with no real paint chipping or flaking.

The real test will be out in the woods but I'm very happy with them. I even have a few spares.image0.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpgIMG_1098.jpg

87TT

WKR
Dollar store BB bats? Made some before, They were OK but I liked the sound off the RMHC tube a little better. Mine didn't look as snazzy as yours though. They should work.

Thought of this.

Last edited:
9b7a3c1db691de6e32caed33379af562.jpg

I like the sound of my homemade tube!