Elk bullet - 175 tmk or 175 scenar

Does anyone have any experience shooting elk with the sierra 175 tmk and the Lapua 175 scenar?

I'm waffling between these two for an '06 and was hoping someone has experience with both.

From what I can find, the tmk would work very well but be very destructive.

The scenar holds together very well and works very reliably even though it's not a hunting bullet (at least the 155 does)

Are you familiar with Sierra's 30 cal TGK in 165? Sort of a TMK in a tougher hunting bullet. I bet a 165 GameChanger will outrace, outdope, and definitely handle the work more responsibly than the TMK or Scenar. There is also a 180 version.

ElPollo

WKR
The scenar line got updated recently to what they are calling the scenar-L. Has anyone used the new version enough to comment on it?

The scenar line got updated recently to what they are calling the scenar-L. Has anyone used the new version enough to comment on it?
From my understanding, they’re are the SAME bullet, just higher level of QC for more consistency.

I’ve talked to the guy who turned me on to scenars (@Huntr knows) and he recommended staying with the 155 as well. Work great out of an ‘06
+ 155 scenar load work-up is generally pretty easy, not a finicky bullet.
And ~ 90 pages of multiple user feedback on various hunts over past 11 years : -)
Caveat, I don't personally see elk here so can't comment on that

I shoot a 155gr scenar from my 30-06. It held together really well but caused excellent damage on a whitetail penetrating from the ham to the front shoulder (bad follow up running shot). I think the velocity you would get from the 06 and the 155 is about perfect