Elk Calling Lessons

We can get guitar lessons, piano lessons, even dance lessons and now it looks like there is an option for one on one Elk Calling Lessons. What do you guys think? Would you pay for lessons? What would it be worth to you for one on one lessons? I think it could be a benefit as there are things you can't learn from watching Youtube videos or listening to Podcasts. Just curious.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you associated with this company? Just curious this being your first post and all

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ST52v

WKR
He posted this on bowsite a few days ago as well. Not the same exact post just the same topic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
E
Yes I did post it on Bowsite as well. Just doing some market research. I know there is some crossover between forums but there are also individuals that have their favorite forums that the go to and not others.

ST52v

WKR
You are a sponser over on Wapity Talk, are you not?? I don't want to be that guy, and understand you are trying to get a service up and running. I applaud you for doing that and may even try it. Just do it the right way. Contact the owner's!!!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So.....who's giving these 1 on 1 lessons?

I wouldn't be willing to pay for lessons, but I would be willing to accept money if someone wanted to pay me for lessons.:) Or better yet, just get together and do it for free.

OP
E
You are a sponser over on Wapity Talk, are you not?? I don't want to be that guy, and understand you are trying to get a service up and running. I applaud you for doing that and may even try it. Just do it the right way. Contact the owner's!!!

Yes I am a sponsor over there and I agree with your post. I did contact Ryan yesterday and am waiting on the media packet to become a sponsor over here as well. That's why in the post I didn't put any info about the company and only posted questions for market research to see if there is interest.

OP
E
So.....who's giving these 1 on 1 lessons?

I wouldn't be willing to pay for lessons, but I would be willing to accept money if someone wanted to pay me for lessons.:) Or better yet, just get together and do it for free.

Thank you for your input. I am the one giving the lessons and I have helped several people over the years for free. My return question to you would be, what is your time worth? What is your time away from your family worth? Would you work for free? I know that written text is hard to convey emotion so I want you to know that I am not being argumentative but merely asking these questions.

I'm not interested unless theirs a friendly neighborhood herd to talk to.

The how is easy. It's the it's the what, where and when that's difficult.

OP
E
I'm not interested unless theirs a friendly neighborhood herd to talk to.

The how is easy. It's the it's the what, where and when that's difficult.

You're exactly right. The what to do and when to do it is a hard part of the learning curve for sure. The lessons cover not only how to do the sounds but also what the sounds mean and when to do them.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My return question to you would be, what is your time worth? What is your time away from your family worth? Would you work for free?

I don't really consider teaching someone how to use elk calls and sounds as work.....because elk hunting and calling is my obsession. IMO the actual content is worth more than my time.......at least to me. But that's me. You can work and charge however and whatever you want. If you can make a business out of it.....go for it, and good luck.

I could see folks willing to pay someone like Corey Jacobsen, or his dad, or some of the other nationally known callers for a one on one.

We used to do some local get togethers for calling type seminars to teach and learn as a group. Haven't done one of those in a few years.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
You have some tough competition out there with the excellent program modules by Chris Roe....the Elk Nut videos....and Cory Jacobsen Elk 101 online program

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this instant interaction of make a sound than have someone correct and coach you to the correct sounds could be valuable. I also agree it's all about confidence in the teacher

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Elk, in the elk woods, while hunting, are the best teachers

But there are 'some' things that can be learned before you get there