Elk camp tag along and I need A surprise suggestion

Before I got to the nondrinking part I was thinking a alcohol idea, but I actually really like your idea about the icecream. It's a luxury item and would be pretty welcome in most places I know of.

Randle

WKR
We used to do a guys camping trip with brother, dad, and son in laws.
We rented a lookout tower one year.
2nd day I said who wants ice cream . I do, I do,.........When I pulled out MH ice cream sandwichs I almost got thrown off the deck. Your idea is much better

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Before I got to the nondrinking part I was thinking a alcohol idea, but I actually really like your idea about the icecream. It's a luxury item and would be pretty welcome in most places I know of.
Unless you are running a generator and have electric refrigerator ice cream won't stay frozen, most absorption refrigerators in RV's won't get low enough to keep it frozen. They should keep it from getting runny but not frozen.

sndmn11

WKR
If you have access to a "rare" meat, that might win; moose, bear, caribou, phorn, wild sheep, etc. For me, I'm not sure I would distinguish a "thank you" ribeye from the norm unless it was mega wagyu or buffalo or something.

Corkcicle or Yeti tumblers (dishwasher safe) would be a winner, especially if there was some camp or project name to engrave.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Unless you are running a generator and have electric refrigerator ice cream won't stay frozen, most absorption refrigerators in RV's won't get low enough to keep it frozen. They should keep it from getting runny but not frozen.
Dry ice. That will keep it frozen solid for at least a few days.

[/QUOTE]

I guess the world has changed in the last few weeks. I was using dry ice and a decent cooler and getting ice cream and frozen seafood to last 5 days or so frozen solid on high country fishing trips I was packing for. I guess the world is an ever evolving enigma.

Last edited:

Toolbox

FNG
If you're looking to make a novel gesture to randomly bust out, bring a nice lens cleaning kit and offer to clean everyone's glass one day at camp. Just spit-balling here. The ice cream is a good theory - you'll need cooler space anyway 😉

Refer to the "useless items" thread.. Generally bringing beer or spirits is always welcome. I just discovered https://www.stillhouse.com/ Their spirits come in stainless bottles. Not sure how good it is but I'll probably do a write up on them about Thanksgiving which is when my next drink is allowed

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
If you're looking to make a novel gesture to randomly bust out, bring a nice lens cleaning kit and offer to clean everyone's glass one day at camp. Just spit-balling here. The ice cream is a good theory - you'll need cooler space anyway 😉
Damn that's good!

Venison summer sausage and a block of cheddar comes to mind first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't know how to meme
What happens at hunting camp stays at hunting camp. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
I have been invited to tag along on a hunt with several very experienced hunters and a film crew. I know I am there to be a pack mule and spotter but I am excited and grateful. I am looking for suggestions on something cool to bring. They are providing meals back at camp and it will be fairly warm. I think It will be in the 80s during the day. It is not a drinking camp so I can't do the old fancy bottle of whiskey. I think there will be about 6 people there.

So far all I have come up with is packing my small Yeti cooler with dry ice and Haagen-Dazs bard and breaking them out on day two.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!
Run with the ice cream bars and make sure you have enough.

Stay outta the way but be helpful too. You’re there to help not be someone’s bitch. Go w the flow.

Agdog

FNG
We had a bird hunter bring in a box of fresh Lebanese baklava the other day that was off the charts good. I think your ice cream idea is spot on though. It takes effort and is unique, both of which are always appreciated.

Dennis

WKR
Impressed with your thoughtfulness!

Ice cream and home made cookies sound like great ideas! You might also consider individual vacuumed bags of good quality jerky or something else to handout later in the hunt.

Most important I think is to be helpful, friendly and positive. Good luck

87TT

WKR
I got invited to a deer camp once and a couple of loaves of my wife's Zucchini nut bread and a chocolate cake were a hit.