Elk Euro Mount - took a bad fall, otions?

Long story short, elk euro mount took a bad crash and the skull is in a million pieces.

Wife would like to do something like this with the antlers.fb5aa978481da08249bc5f8051dbeb5b.jpg
anyone have experience with "floating antlers?"

cgasner1

WKR
Think you can also get a fake skull to attach them to or I bet a decent taxidermist could get it on a skull for you if that’s what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad is it? Samething happened to one of my bulls and it split along the major "seams" in the bone, none of the bones themselves broke. Was able to hot glue with mesh back together so it's acceptable.

muddydogs

WKR
Eric from the Hush YouTube channel just had a video about his shop or something and he showed a cool looking mount for shed antlers. Basically you drill a hole in the bottom of the antler and attach a post on a ball swivel to it. Think it was on his channel not the Hush channel.

OP
durangobrad
How bad is it? Samething happened to one of my bulls and it split along the major "seams" in the bone, none of the bones themselves broke. Was able to hot glue with mesh back together so it's acceptable.
Really bad, it fell from quite a height. Picked up a few big pieces and the rest had to be swept and vaccumed.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

OP
durangobrad
Eric from the Hush YouTube channel just had a video about his shop or something and he showed a cool looking mount for shed antlers. Basically you drill a hole in the bottom of the antler and attach a post on a ball swivel to it. Think it was on his channel not the Hush channel.
Anyway you could help me dig that up, they have so much content I have no idea where to start.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Wapiti7

FNG
I had a euro of a lil runt bull drop to the floor also. Wasn't in a million pieces, so tried to glue it. Looked like crap. 11 year old daughter was driving me crazy during quarantine, so we did a project. We had found some old pottery shards on a buddy's place down in Gila. So we threw some thin set down and then grouted. Cleaned up and put modge podge (actually pretty cool stuff) and came up with this. Actually turned out pretty good, so we did it on an oryx skull that looked like crap after I overboiled it.

Attachments

• Pottery Elk Skull.jpg
    Pottery Elk Skull.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 172

psirus7

WKR
I had the exact same thing happen. I took my time and hot glued the big pieces back together. I filled in the gaps with Apoxie sculpting putty and painted the skill with bone white paint. It's not great from close up, but looks good enough from afar. I really like those floating antlers! Does anyone have a lead on the mounting system?

ODB

WKR
Those floating antlers are classy. More art than animal. I dig it.

Nicodez

FNG
The floating antlers look pretty cool. You could talk to a taxidermist for options. Maybe have an old skull to anchor the horns too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk