Elk hunt off a dual sport?

Elk97

WKR
Used a motorcycle to hunt with last year in MT. Single tracks can be nasty, deep ruts, mud bogs, etc. I dumped a couple of times at slow speed with a heavy pack on and my bow strapped onto the pack. Nicked one limb that held up ok for hunting but had to replace it. Think about how your are going to protect your bow or rifle if you go down. Riding with a big heavy pack sucks, I'm designing a bigger rack on the bike for this year so everything can be tied down on it rather than on my back.

OP
awbowhunter
Well I picked up a 2014 Honda crf250L for a good price. Made a few changes and upgrades to it. Ready to do some scouting on it. Plan to use it archery elk in CO. And WY and rifle WY if needed. I will post how well it works out.

11boo

WKR
You’ll need a soft or hard case in Colo or risk the ticket. I’d case it anyway cause you will likely dump the bike once, or the mud and dust will be all over it.

ahlgringo

WKR
tw200 here as well. Have a rifle scabbard for gun season, otherwise strap the cased bow on the cyclerack. Works pretty well for me. Biggest question is if there are actually rideable trails that are going to save you time. Some units are a definite yes, others are more questionable. I do not take it on nasty trails, asking for issues.

Well I picked up a 2014 Honda crf250L for a good price. Made a few changes and upgrades to it. Ready to do some scouting on it. Plan to use it archery elk in CO. And WY and rifle WY if needed. I will post how well it works out.

Do you have a rack for it? Which?

snvts82

FNG
I use a 1973 ct70 (with a 125cc in it) to access areas for day or quick overnights. It’s a great way to access or scout. Not sure I’d want to carry a full pack worth a weeks hunt on my pack, but it’s a torquey little beast. Usually park a ways from hunting area and stash in the trees. I really want to mod one of those bob bicycleOne wheel trailers to pull more gear