Elk Hunter Magazine going away.....

dotman

WKR
I just called the company to speak with them...and had to leave a voicemail. Im a bit irritated by all of this because I just renewed my membership a month ago or so for BOTH Magazines.

I did some quick research and pulled up their subscription page now....which shows you can subscribe to the one magazine for 26.96 (for the 6 issues). Im going to copy my rant above and send it to their customer service email... Its not so much the difference in money, its the principle behind how they went about this that is bothering me.

Don't be surprised if you get a 2 year subscription out of this so 12 mags vs 8.

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
It actually sound like a better magazine will come out after listening to the podcast

I donate to the RMEF and get their magazine Bugle. It's got some great articles about hunting and some on their land conservation efforts. If you enjoy your public lands this is one of those people pushing for it. The NRA fights for our gun rights. The RMEF is fighting for our public lands. So if I can support them and get a great magazine to boot, that's what I'm gonna do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RAHC

FNG
Fur Fish and Game for me. They cover all topics, have a loyal following and have been at it a long time. One day I hope to write for them.

B.S.

FNG
For me, this s a good move, I like the magazine, but have never been interested in a elk only version. I'm excited for the update.

rbljack

WKR
I received a reply email from the Western Hunter staff today. They explained the situation to me in a manner that makes sense. Our subscriptions are based on #of issues, not years. Example:

I just renewed my membership to both magazines, so that means I have a total of 16 magazine issues coming. Because they are combining, I will now be getting 16 issues of the new merged magazine. So, fees are still being applied so we receive the correct number of future issues.

Not only did they respond via email, Chris Denham actually tried to call me today to discuss this. I wasn't able to take the call, and will be calling back tomorrow. There customer service was very fast, and I certainly wasn't expecting Chris to call me directly! That says a lot about this company, and how they do business. In the voicemail, Chris briefly touched upon the adverting as well. He spoke to each and every advertiser in their magazine, and they were all in favor of the change.

Although the dedicated elk hunter magazine will go away, there will additional content in the merged magazine, and the subscription price will actually decrease.

After my initial comments in here, I wanted to be sure to get back in and provide the follow up information. Which leads me to this statement before I leave; both Western Hunter and Kifaru have REALLY impressed me with the customer service. I didn't have to spend a bunch of time pushing buttons on damn phone listening to menu after menu to get information. I leave a message, and someone responds! What a concept! Kifaru did the same thing when I had questions about shelters. Call them up, and Aron or another member of there team is there to help! This time I have a question/concern about my Western Hunter membership, so I leave an email with a call back number. And they actually call back!! BRAVO WESTERN HUNTER AND KIFARU! I'm sure there are a ton of other companies like this, but these are just my two recent experiences with hunting companies that I wanted to mention.