Elk Hunting Gear - what can’t you live without?

When it comes to elk hunting, what are the top three items that you can’t you live without? Bonus points if there are pieces of gear that you think are particularly unique!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boots, a good every day pack, and a weapon you’re comfortable with are obvious. My next thing would be my 10x42 binoculars. They find elk!

Once there’s an elk on the ground a good knife and synthetic game bags are obvious but my unique item is a Clip-Shot for great pictures.

scooter25

FNG
The gear I have come to appreciate most is my Mystery Ranch beartooth pack and Kifaru universal gun bearer. Bein able to carry all my gear comfortably and have my rifle easily accessible and hands free while moving has been a game changer for me. Another honorable mention is my Kuiu down coat. Being able to stay warm while sitting long periods of time is a another big advantage

Top three elk hunting must items in my book; good broken in boots, comfortable backpack, and smooth shooting bow/accurate lightweight rifle.

If backcountry overnighting, add a good lightweight tent/shelter, warm sleeping bag, durable sleeping pad, water filter, and Garmin mini inReach.

Boots, a good every day pack, and a weapon you’re comfortable with are obvious. My next thing would be my 10x42 binoculars. They find elk!

Once there’s an elk on the ground a good knife and synthetic game bags are obvious but my unique item is a Clip-Shot for great pictures.

Well, you just sold a Clip-Shot. I normally carry one of the small, flexible tripods to bend around saplings and such. But if this can save space, I'm all for it!!

sagebuster

Lil-Rokslider
The usual stuff mentioned by those above, plus 5 ways to make a fire. Never head out into the woods without that. Saved my butt more than once. I also carry a light-weight tarp.