Elk Lives Matter

mntnguide

WKR
Turned my elk/deer hunt over the weekend into a wolf hunt. This pack had the elk pushed up on high ridges and I decided to help them out a bit. Took 3 days to finally get a shot and as i still stalked pocket meadows i was able to start shooting at about 75 yards. Ive always wanted a big black wolf, and it worked out... and the game warden just informed me I can have 2 wolf tags, so I'm picking up another!
33c9c39b528693372bf72f421e17af3c.jpg
0595b1f9bf31257f764495cdce37d679.jpg
a0887b5027884328fc25c5fcc4303f53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

crich

WKR
Congrats. Howd that horse do packing out a wolf on its back? 🤠

OP
mntnguide

mntnguide

WKR
great job! great pics! Going to have it mounted?
I'll just get the hide tanned, i have no need in a wolf mount, my taxidermy bills are high enough with deer and elk haha.
Congrats. Howd that horse do packing out a wolf on its back?
I had 2 pack horses not pictured, and no issues. They didn't care a bit. Use to Grizzlies, wolves didn't make them flinch
did ol grey give a hoot or was it just a dog to him. is the green hide as heavy as it looks?
My pack horse carried the hide, i was a long was in with camp and 3 ponies and wasn't walking out! Hide isn't heavy, maybe 20lbs or so. But great fur and thick. Gonna try and get another up there this season with my second tag

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
A lot of elk hunters complain about the damage wolves do to their hunting areas, very few elk hunters actually take action on controlling the wolf population. Good on you, and congrats👍

nobody

WKR
LOVE this! These creatures are murderous on the herds. Just wish Utah DWR would admit they're here so we can start managing them!

But I will say, as nasty and evil as they may be towards the elk and deer and moose, they really are beautiful animals.