Elk of North America: Ecology & Management

jaegle2

FNG
I posted this in the classifieds too. I'm looking to buy or maybe even rent a copy of Jack Ward Thomas's "Elk of North America: Ecology & Management". I'd be willing to pay a renters fee and pay for all shipping if someone had a copy that I could borrow for a while. Worst case is I buy one off of amazon but the book is expensive and I'm sure I'd read it once and be done so I'd prefer to borrow a copy.

Thanks

OP
J

jaegle2

FNG
Thanks. what threw me off on this one is where it says its "85 percent new material". Obviously elk behavior has not changed since the first book but I didn't know if that meant the topics within the book were different or what. Did you guys find it helpful for hunting purposes?

lang

Lil-Rokslider
My library has it. Most are willing to get something if you put in a request too.

Just buy the damn thing and be done with it. This is a book you don't just simply read and be done with it. It's a very dry read and more like an encyclopedia. Guaranteed you won't just sit down 1 evening and read it. I have it and love being able to open it up and look stuff up. Since I started hunting elk in '08, probably the single most important piece of literature I've purchased. This book gives you just about everything you need to know about elk and their relatives.