Elk Plains hunt

I'm just hearing about an Elk plains hunt on the Eastern plains of CO. But the map looks like west Colorado ...
What's the average shot distance for truck hunting Elk on the open plains ? anyone ever try plains hunting Elk in herds ?

I’ve got a couple buddies here on the front range that actually guide for elk on a few big private ranches. They are small free range herds, just really isolated. They mostly do rifle cow hunts with kids. Shots range anywhere from 1-300 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
There are very few elk east of I 25. There are unlimited c list tags to keep the population down to nearly nothing. Mostly to appease the agricultural community. Not necessarily a bad thing since I like to eat and all but doesn’t offer much of a hunting opportunity.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm just hearing about an Elk plains hunt on the Eastern plains of CO. But the map looks like west Colorado ...
If the map looks like west Colorado, that's not the plains hunts. Make sure you're east of I-25 and there are still a few units that aren't open to those tags. 97% of the land east of I-25 is private, and that's where most of these elk are.