Elk Rifle Advice... again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second anyone references their "SF/DELTA sniper buddies" i just automatically assume they're at least 40lb overweight.

Also known as a member of the gravy seals? Makes me laugh every damned time haha.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be inclined to take wildernesses advice. He knows elk hunting, should know a thing or two about rifle selection for it.

"Thing is I know I have game because I have taken elk 5 out of the 6 years I have hunted them - and have doubled up with my brother 3 out of those 5 years. I went from knowing nothing about elk or elk hunting to having to move to bow hunting elk to keep it challenging."

-Wildernessmaster
Yeah but apparently he can't kill a doe at 30 yards with that super duper AR10

OP
NJDiverDan
Which factory loads are you running in your 280AI? The new Federal Terminal Ascent 155s are quarter minute in my Cooper 280AI... with a thin damn barrel. Guess that'll never hold up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hornady eldx. 162 precision hunters.

Dobermann

WKR
I came here for the elk rifle advice.

Stayed for the yucks.

Now you jokers have cost me another keyboard, thanks to all the expectorated coffee.

Again.

Wish there was an army medic around here; worried I'm gonna asphyxiate.

Dobermann

WKR
Oh wait ... and then I had to take the advice to go and check YouTube ...

And found this:

Tips and Tricks: Tampons, by Wildernessmaster.com -

Funny thing is I just returned from an advanced first aid course taught by an actual army medic, who laughed when explaining why it was such bad advice it was to pack tampons in first aid kits.

Weird juxtaposition ...

Spoonbill

WKR
Oh wait ... and then I had to take the advice to go and check YouTube ...

And found this:

Tips and Tricks: Tampons, by Wildernessmaster.com -

Funny thing is I just returned from an advanced first aid course taught by an actual army medic, who laughed when explaining why it was such bad advice it was to pack tampons in first aid kits.

Weird juxtaposition ...
If you jam yourself with a tampon tube for a chest wound, you’re gonna have a bad time

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
If you jam yourself with a tampon tube for a chest wound, you’re gonna have a bad time

Seems like solid advice. Tampon tube and duct tape I guess. Seems like a sound option when those hyfin chest seals are so damn expensive. Wait they are $15. If i have a sucking chest wound I ain't worried about the $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.