Elk Scouting Trip Video

tstowater

WKR
Good stuff. I need to watch all of this when I get more time. Trapshooting night at 27 yards. Should be fun.

JoshTX

WKR
Great video. 10+ bulls over 300 is simply awesome. Thanks for posting this.

I'm digging the Rokslide cover in highlander.

Whisky

WKR
What kind of quick release system is that? Work with most bladders? Thanks

Nice Vids!!

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Took a hiking/scouting walk this weekend with my wife. A lot of my favorite elk country (in Alberta) is inaccessible for a weekend trip, mostly because of washed out roads that have not yet been fixed. So for this hike, we went to a sheep area. Interesting hike. The area we went into was closed to the public until last Thursday (because of our floods). The first half of the hike was fine, but the next half was pretty tough. The trail is gone - washed away - which left us boulder hopping for over 2 kms (around 1 1/2 miles) in the creek bottom. Tough route finding that really sapped our energy. Was reminded of that in seeing the boulder field in the first video.
We finally got to the back basin, and the clouds dropped in which left us with no visibility. After a few hours of waiting for the ceiling to lift, we hiked back out. No animals seen! Frustrating. Nice to see someone is seeing some critters on their scouting missions. Really enjoyed seeing all those elk - thanks for posting Aron.

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
Cool video!

Could you tell me a little more about the Quilt you are using as a sleeping bag? Did you like it?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I need to use it several more nights before I say too much about it, but it's an Enlightened Equipment RevX quilt.
Cool video!

Could you tell me a little more about the Quilt you are using as a sleeping bag? Did you like it?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Aron that cabin is cool. Very Strange indeed. How far in was that? Makes you wonder whos hiding out? =-)

Vector32

Lil-Rokslider
I don't like carrying my pack most of the time. There is no way I would carry a futon in.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah thats why I ask. Cause whoever that is if its like 10 miles from the nearest Road you gotta wonder how he packed that in. haha. Pretty freaking cool. I almost want to meet the guy that lives there. Probably some crazy guy like DB Cooper. Who robbed a bank back in the 70s and has been hiding out since =-).

That tree house is wild. How far from a road was that thing?

Also is anyone else concerned about buddy dave? Buddy dave could be tits up for all we know...

Last edited: