Elk Tied To Tree

Nice work! Was the highline in or near a camp currently occupied or did someone just leave it up? I just got back from a pack trip where I cut a few highlines out of the trees where people had just left them up at their camps. Not sure why, maybe they plan on coming back in the future or think they are doing other horse packers that use the site a favor maybe? Either way they have to come down for this reason exactly.

So that's how you do that catch and release elk hunting! I predict a run on picket line size rope next August! HA!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

OP
IdahoElk

IdahoElk

WKR
Nice work! Was the highline in or near a camp currently occupied or did someone just leave it up? I just got back from a pack trip where I cut a few highlines out of the trees where people had just left them up at their camps. Not sure why, maybe they plan on coming back in the future or think they are doing other horse packers that use the site a favor maybe? Either way they have to come down for this reason exactly.
We were 8 miles in and have no idea how it got there,no camp near this. I talked to the outfitter in the unit and he had no knowledge of it?

Is that high line considered "Any Legal Weapon". Hope this doesn't catch. Awesome story and efforts to be a good human. There is hope for humanity. At least out West.

No video of the high line cutting? Really?

j/k - that’s an awesome and unique story, you did the right thing.