Elk

• Thread starter rebecca francis
  • Start date
R

rebecca francis

I am going to repost this dish to get us started....
It was my Elk steak stroganoff dinner.....yummy!

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elk meat.jpg

1/2 cup of water, 2# of elk meat, and crushed red pepper pressure cooked for 7 minutes.

Rick Seymour

Are pressure cookers really that freaking fast? Also, I was told by a Chef...really, that he marinated wild game in Italion dressing as the vinegar helps break down enzymes. No matter does not hurt the flavor that for sure !

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Rick, yes what I used to put in the slow cooker for an entire day to have for supper, I can now do with only a few minutes after work.

OP
R

rebecca francis

OH my gosh Les! That looks so freakin good! I am totally making that this week. I have never used a pressure cooker.....do I need to get one???? Will it work the same in a slow cooker if cooked all day? Can this go in the cookbook? If you have more you should send them to [email protected]

Becca

Administrator
Staff member
Looks incredible Les! I may have to try this here, though we are short on Elk so I may have to sub moose or caribou or something :) I will likely try the crockpot method as well, as my pressure cooker is primarily used as a pressure canner and it's something crazy like 40 quarts....not sure I am ambitious enough to make this in those kind of quantities for the first go round :)

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
OH my gosh Les! That looks so freakin good! I am totally making that this week. I have never used a pressure cooker.....do I need to get one???? Will it work the same in a slow cooker if cooked all day? Can this go in the cookbook? If you have more you should send them to [email protected]
Hey Rebecca, yes you can do the slow cooker also. I guess I am just kind of anal about leaving things "on" that are warm or cooking all day when I am not home so I utilize the pressure cooker mostly. It is so simple. Usually I will do a load of dishes, clean the kitchen, or something similar while doing the pressure cooker method. I also like the pressure cooker because I can get a lot of clean meals pre-cooked for later in the week. Package and fridge or freeze! Yes you can put it in the cookbook. I'll send you the actual recipe, and get you a few more.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks incredible Les! I may have to try this here, though we are short on Elk so I may have to sub moose or caribou or something :) I will likely try the crockpot method as well, as my pressure cooker is primarily used as a pressure canner and it's something crazy like 40 quarts....not sure I am ambitious enough to make this in those kind of quantities for the first go round :)
"We're short of elk so I'll have to use Moose or Caribou"....BLAH BLAH BLAH Becca! lol :) I almost feel bad for you! :)