Elk101.... Worth it?

I have zero to very little hunting experience. I've watched your usual guys on YouTube and listened to podcasts and I've put time on the desktop "escouting" and been able to draw 2 years. Unsuccessful both times. While listening to ElkTalk podcast they mentioned Elk101. Has anyone here used it? Is it worth the $100?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TBH I think so. I’m well versed in whitetail tactics only then I got stationed in Colorado for a few years so I knew I had to learn quick to actually even see an elk. Elk101 definitely helped with that learning curve I believe. For someone brand new to elk hunting absolutely. Cory Jacobsen breaks everything down and even summarizes it. I feel like it’s worth it and you get a bunch of discount tickets in the curriculum.

OP
Sbarrera185
TBH I think so. I’m well versed in whitetail tactics only then I got stationed in Colorado for a few years so I knew I had to learn quick to actually even see an elk. Elk101 definitely helped with that learning curve I believe. For someone brand new to elk hunting absolutely. Cory Jacobsen breaks everything down and even summarizes it. I feel like it’s worth it and you get a bunch of discount tickets in the curriculum.
Is it more archery based than rifle? Or is it just elk in general?

HoytHntr4

WKR
If you decide to buy a year subscription to it make sure to do some looking around for a promo code, Corey offers a lot of deals throughout the year for 20-30% off for the course

OP
Sbarrera185
If you decide to buy a year subscription to it make sure to do some looking around for a promo code, Corey offers a lot of deals throughout the year for 20-30% off for the course
Yea I was listening to Elk Talk earlier today and hes giving a 20% off so that's why I was asking. I've been considering it so thought I'd ask

OP
Sbarrera185
Yes indeed invest In that and elknut playbook took me decades to learn how to hunt elk this will cut your learning curve in half money well spent
Elknut playbook?

brsnow

WKR
I think you need to take it for what it is, realize a ton of other people took the course and try to create your own experience. That being said, any extra help couldn’t hurt.

tdhanses

WKR
I think it’s worth it for newer hunters, I did 2 years of it and only gained the discounts from it, wasn’t worth it to me but for guys that are new to elk I think it would be.

Rob5589

WKR
I signed up few years back when they had a 50% off deal. Good info but I didn't renew. There is a ton of free info available and plenty of experience here to help you. That said, it won't be a waste of money, especially with a discount.

Last edited:

lj1683

FNG
I have zero to very little hunting experience. I've watched your usual guys on YouTube and listened to podcasts and I've put time on the desktop "escouting" and been able to draw 2 years. Unsuccessful both times. While listening to ElkTalk podcast they mentioned Elk101. Has anyone here used it? Is it worth the $100?

CPW has an elk university for free on their website. I'm not sure if it is the same as the one y'all are talking about. Elk University

Yes I believe it was because of elk101 that me and my hunting partner we're able to take two bulls two seasons ago. There is some info you will already know and some stuff you will not care about but overall it is worth it. Plus you get entered for drawings and you can usually find it on sale for about $60.

zach14

FNG
I tried it out and thought it was worth the money. Most of the information I was already aware of, but I did find a few nuggets of great suggestions. It also helped me get a decent discount on a new Exo pack. As other have said, wait for a discount.