Elk101.... Worth it?

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Elk 101 is definitely worth it in my opinion. I bought it 6 months before my first elk hunt and killed a P&Y bull. I've been on 3 archery elk hunts since and I've went 3/3, and have called in a few other bulls for buddies that have tagged out and missed as well. Good encounters more days than not and the course lowered the learning curve. If you're a new elk hunter, I'd buy.

IMO Elk101 is easier to understand than ElkNut's stuff, I feel like you need a Ph.D to understand his content with all the different bugles a bull can make. Corey's is relatively simple, get in close, piss em off, and kill em.

Deadfall

WKR
Be careful. The bugle monstop thing is a hoax. Bulging is good for tv. Watch the shows, they killing elk with cow calls and patience even though they talk about being impatient.
Just make sure too pay close attention to how they actually killing elk. Drive and bugle thing is ridiculous. You'll get more opportunities with patience trying to find them.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Like buying a book or going to a seminar on how to get rich from a guy getting rich off of selling you how to get rich. Get out an elk hunt! Everyone's tactics are different. Nothing takes the place of experience. Pretty sure Corey or Paul or any of them did not buy a playbook on how to do it ;) Unless it was a playbook on how to sell things to people.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Be careful. The bugle monstop thing is a hoax. Bulging is good for tv. Watch the shows, they killing elk with cow calls and patience even though they talk about being impatient.
Just make sure too pay close attention to how they actually killing elk. Drive and bugle thing is ridiculous. You'll get more opportunities with patience trying to find them.

Amen! It's the new version of Primos videos. You gotta remember they are trying to sell you stuff! Much harder to sell elk hunting experience than it is to sell you a bugle. I hate seeing these guys making these youtube vids that are just running around the woods blowing calls all day. Really makes the elk hunting much worse for the inexperienced elk hunter.

iaff3666

FNG
I bought it and used it a few years ago. I was new and was willing to spend the $$$, with the hopes that it would help me be more successful. I found the segment helpful that went through mapping and copying files to a GPS. did it help...…...might have been successful each year since I started elk hunting?

Wassid82

WKR
I have zero to very little hunting experience. I've watched your usual guys on YouTube and listened to podcasts and I've put time on the desktop "escouting" and been able to draw 2 years. Unsuccessful both times. While listening to ElkTalk podcast they mentioned Elk101. Has anyone here used it? Is it worth the $100?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I thought there was lots of good info. I would sign up for sure at least once. It’s a great resource.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I won a subscription and took the course whole hearty thinking it was going to help. Honestly it wasn't what I was expecting and it didn't help me. If your new to elk and elk hunting then ya it may be an asset but if you have been around elk hunting a decent amount it's not helpful in my opinion. It's a good recap but not any info that you couldnt find for free with a little digging online. There isn't any secrets hidden within to lead you to a elk

With elk 101 is it only videos or is there materials I am able to print out for reference at a later time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a handful of videos but most of the information is in text form. I'm not sure if it will let you print it, I used Snipping Tool and took screenshots of almost every chapter and turned it in to a 183 page PDF so I can reference it later. It has great information but it's a shame you only get it for a year.

linsmea

FNG
A buddy and I got an antlerless elk tag for 3rd season in Colorado this fall, which I don't mind because I'm happy to hunt for meat. My question is this - all of the shows are about hunting the bulls... I'm guessing you hunt the cows differently because what motivates a cow is different, i.e., you're probably not using calls. Any particular info regarding this in the course?

WCB

WKR
A buddy and I got an antlerless elk tag for 3rd season in Colorado this fall, which I don't mind because I'm happy to hunt for meat. My question is this - all of the shows are about hunting the bulls... I'm guessing you hunt the cows differently because what motivates a cow is different, i.e., you're probably not using calls. Any particular info regarding this in the course?
You can locate cows with cow calls and can also call cows in using them. A lost calf works pretty good. But in general especially with a rifle you basically hunt cows like deer. Spot them, stalk them, etc and shoot them.

p0under99

FNG
There is a ton of information on the site and the explanations are easy to follow. There are also a ton of discount codes that’ll take the price down up to 20%