Elk101.... Worth it?

Jbark60

FNG
You should look into the elk collective way better material, and there are a lot of how to videos versus reading pdf's.

jnwebb45

FNG
My wife bought it for me as a Father’s Day gift since I am going on my first elk hunt this year. It has been a great asset so far, especially the calling sections. I like that everything is there in one place instead of searching YouTube for a good video. Cory has some good content available free in YouTube though as well as others if you don’t end up buying the university of elk hunting.

I bought the elk collective a few weeks ago right now it’s like 30% off so I figured I’d try it. It’s all video based but it’s been pretty awesome because you get a lot of different strategies from the ElkNut to Joel turner to Phelps and dirk durham. Plus you get video archery training from Joel turner that I feel has really helped me control my shot. I’m not even halfway through the course and it’s been great. I’m sure elk101 offers very similar information I was skeptical of the courses at first but I think they’re helpful

Lots of good information but you cannot absorb it all. In order to have access to the same information over and over you would have to renew every year. I did not know I would not be able to download the information from the website and not be able to just review it and read it. My personal & work life allows too minimum amount of time for me to just to sit online and read it. Therefore I did not renew. I wish they had made it known that to have continued access to the data, you need to renew every year and it was not in a downloadable format.

linsmea

FNG
You can locate cows with cow calls and can also call cows in using them. A lost calf works pretty good. But in general especially with a rifle you basically hunt cows like deer. Spot them, stalk them, etc and shoot them.
Thanks for the solid info. I appreciate it.

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
You can download each section and listen to audio version. Or read it on elk101. I would say in your inexperience you should try and get as much help as you can. Get that help wherever and however you can. Experience in the field will teach you much, but be as prepared before you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: