ElkNut app

Rob5589

WKR
Seems to me that some of you may be a bit harsh on @ElkNut1. I agree that the timing of the update isn't ideal, and the new app may have some bugs to work out.

But... the Elknut app is truly a wealth of information. There is a lot of really great content on that app. All that info for 15 bucks...jeez. Second, It's still much cheaper than other options (for example, Elk 101 is 60 bucks a year, vs. 15 bucks for the Elknut app). Third, @ElkNut1 is frequently on this site, responding to questions, giving out great advice, all without asking for anything in return or pimping his app. Last, from what I can tell, he is an incredibly sincere, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic hunter. I don't have a problem with him or the app developers monetizing his information. How many other hunters are doing something similar? The Rokslide group, Hushin, Elk 101, Rinella, etc., etc. It's all the same. They have info, they sell it and people buy it.
I'd agree. I do recall getting an email a while back about the change. I do agree, however, the timing was poor. Holding off until after the season sounds reasonable.

I'd also agree with Paul's willingness to share info. Even at a one on one level. He reached out to me personally after killing my first elk to ask what I did to make it happen. And we have no personal connection whatsoever.

On another note, my app still works in original form even after a recent update. Strange but true.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems to me that some of you may be a bit harsh on @ElkNut1. I agree that the timing of the update isn't ideal, and the new app may have some bugs to work out.

But... the Elknut app is truly a wealth of information. There is a lot of really great content on that app. All that info for 15 bucks...jeez. Second, It's still much cheaper than other options (for example, Elk 101 is 60 bucks a year, vs. 15 bucks for the Elknut app). Third, @ElkNut1 is frequently on this site, responding to questions, giving out great advice, all without asking for anything in return or pimping his app. Last, from what I can tell, he is an incredibly sincere, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic hunter. I don't have a problem with him or the app developers monetizing his information. How many other hunters are doing something similar? The Rokslide group, Hushin, Elk 101, Rinella, etc., etc. It's all the same. They have info, they sell it and people buy it.
He already monetized when he sold the app with the original agreement.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HODL

FNG
I saw the update and realized I was locked out earlier this week. I wasn't sure if I was going to subscribe until I saw all the babies in this thread acting like Paul's getting rich off this deal.

I was amazed he was able to put an app out for $10 in the first place considering the cost of development. I didn't see anyone ponying up when the app continued to add features and content. This seems to be the only model that would make sense going forward.

I'm sure some of you have a gripe if you just bought the app and then the model changed, but like others have said, take that up with them directly instead of crying about it on a forum. Search ElkNut on any podcast app and you've got hours of his interviews for free.

I too got burned from the update, I had downloaded the app 1 week before and was not happy to have to pay again. That said, I did pay again because at the end of the day if I use it or enjoy it then what's 25$? I spend thousands a year on hunting so if that 15$ subscription breaks me then I shouldn't be hunting. funny no one complains about the 15$ a month fee for onX maps when there are a ton of free or cheaper gps apps.

BBob

WKR
@stanginthe11s See comments above on refunds. If you contact them they’ll refund the $15 extra you paid and give you the first year for the $10 app payment. They’ll also refund everything if that’s what you want.

like I said, the cost is not enough to make it a concern, probably the cheapest thing I've bought this year. timing was horrible though. I'm not complaining at all, just pointing to the fact that you can't buy anything for 15$ a year in this game yet people are deleting the app. if I can become a better hunter from the knowledge in the app then I would gladly pay more.

ElkNut1

WKR
Well I'm back! Lots of discussion here! I too agree the Timing of the release flat sucked, it was not supposed to be this way! I will start a New Thread & explain the best I can what happened!

P.S. the App is 7.49 at present not 14.99

ElkNut/Paul

BBob

WKR
Well they fixed it 😀

We have released another update to the ElkNut app that restores original one-time purchase content to app users--available now on both App Store and Play Store!

Mine still doesn’t work where I purchased it in 2020. It wants me to pay a subscription. Got any tips to restore it?

BBob

WKR
Mine still doesn’t work where I purchased it in 2020. It wants me to pay a subscription. Got any tips to restore it?
Looks like you need to create a Got Game Technologies account and then you'll get access to the original content.

Grell1591

FNG
I've had the app since 2018 and have only ever purchased the one original price. It has not charged me annually for the service.

ElkNut1

WKR
The Original App is free to any who wish to check it out or if you've had it for years! There is no yearly subscription for it! Go to your Store & create an account & you'll receive it at no charge!

If you decide on wanting the Pro Version then you will need to Subscribe for that one.
For Iphones you will need to subscribe here to receive it for 7.50 for the 1st year. https://elknut.app/landing

For Androids simply go to your Google Play Store & the 7.50 pricing will be there for the New Updated Pro Version.

ElkNut/Paul