Employment in Salt Lake City

Hey everyone, my fiancé and I are trying to move out to the Salt Lake area or Montana this summer when I finish my undergraduate degree, but I am having trouble breaking into the job field out there, seeing as I go to school in South Carolina. We are big into the outdoors and hunting, and my fiancé actually works for Kuiu. My degree is in healthcare management, and I really have just hit a wall in finding jobs and getting interviews. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is not in the healthcare field! I'm willing to do anything! Please reach out if you think of anything!

Make yourself a LinkedIn account and just search around salt lake. There's tons of jobs here. I'd pick Montana though

Also check openings at Biofire Diagnostics. Great company to work for with really great benefits and quite a few openings.

elkyinzer

WKR
Find a way to get a local address on your resume. Vast majority of hiring managers are going to dump a resume from afar without even glancing at it.

OP
S
I've heard that a few times. I definitely need to get that taken care of. Good idea

def90

WKR
Get a job, any job.. once you are there you can get a better lay of the land and who is who in the business community. At that point you can then start looking for a "real" job.

Geewhiz

WKR
Here's a healthcare management position in SW Montana for a Laboratory Manager position. Primo otc elk country with awesome fishing.

jestanw1

FNG
University of Utah Healthcare always seems to be hiring. Had a buddy move to salt lake for one of their positions and he is very happy with it.

As someone stated above Intermountain Healthcare (IHC) is a good option as well. Lots of locations throughout the state so you're not necessarily stuck in Salt Lake City and surrounding areas.