Enclosed trailer for traveling out of state to hunt

Creed28

FNG
Thinking about buying a trailer to use for carrying my gear, plus maybe to stay in. Just looking for ideas of how to set it up. Would also be great to see some pictures, if people are willing to share, thank you

I pondered this when I started going out west for whitetails and ended up going with a truck cap instead. Easier to travel with, less cost, and slightly better fuel mileage were some of my reasons for choosing the cap over the trailer.

If I was going with more guys than myself, than it would be nice to have a trailer.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I have used tents and RV's both over the years, but my last 2 years have been solely back pack hunts. Back pack hunts in my opinion are the best. I stay mobile and travel lite. No returning back to a vehicle or base camp in which I find myself continually retracing my tracks in area that I have already hunted or scouted. I have many more elk encounters by always being on the move. Once you find good sign, then you set camp.

I wouldn't get a flat nose. Your loosing some space but the v nose will really improve your mileage while pulling interstate speeds. Last time I took my truck west we had a 14' flat nose cargo trailer behind it. Had camping and hunting gear plus one utv in it. I might as well of had 15k behind the truck moving that flat nose at 80 mph.

Probably find your best to not mess with a trailer unless your getting another mode of transportation out there. Then it can be worth dealing with.

Stalker69

WKR
I have always wanted one, in my mind I know exactly how it would look, to haul my side by side, make bunk beds in, freezer, a/c, heat, ( mini split) sink, stove. Fire place ( already bought) Just a “ rough” camping trailer. But I just would not use it enough. I have a big Montana canvas tent, bunk beds, truck, decked out pig hunting side by side, cooking stuff , all kinds of stuff I need to sell. Would like to get in more back packing.

rayporter

WKR
typically in cold you need heat the most but sometimes the is hot weather.
one of these portable A?C units is handy. i cut a hole under it to vent and saved the plug that came out to cover the hole with when not in use.

normally i prefer dry ice to cool meat so i can avoid the genny. but there are times creature comfort counts more.
1581869935223.png
as soon as weather allows a new heater will go in, too.

Chazz

FNG
Me and a buddy stayed in a 6x12 low profile enclosed cargo trailer for a week last November in Missouri. Just had sleeping pads/ bags, clothes, one electric space heater, and a boot dryer. We were plenty warm and comfortable. Just not much room for anything besides sleeping. Took a 10x10 pop up shade for outside cover. Workes well. Biggest downfall was there was no heated place to hang out in the evening. But was not a huge inconvenience bc we just ate dinner when we got back from hunting then went to bed.

Attachments

• 20191111_073921.jpg
    20191111_073921.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 22