End of season pack search

Well, My Badlands 2200, is to the point it's about done. Over 30 elk packed with it, 2 bighorn sheep, countless deer, antelope, and two mountain goats its seen its last days. Only bitch is the empty pack weight, but I have grown to love the pack even though its a love hate relationship.

Anything out there similar? I love the rear entry on the pack but would entertain a lighter pack.

Whole Mountain goat in here with cape. One more elk hunt this weekend and I hope she makes it though.

Attachments

• bl.JPG
    bl.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 153

oldhorse

WKR
I ran a BL 2200 for 9 years as my day pack/1st load pack. I really liked the bat wing design. I am currently using a Kifaru Tac frame and Nomad 2. I still get the bat wings, but it is much more versatile and comfortable under heavy loads. As an added bonus, I can run the Nomad on my 22 inch hunter frame if I want a more streamlined setup.

Its hard to beat the 2200 for that type of pack. They are hard to beat as a daypack. There are much better options as a load hauler but then you are getting into external frame packs. You might want to check with Badlands and see if they can tune up your old 2200 or buy a new one. The new 2200 has some nice improvements.

Jimss

WKR
I'm a little shocked that you lasted that many years and packed that many critters with a tiny 2200 cu in pack that is only designed for around 50 lb loads! How the heck did you load and carry elk hind quarters? I tried one elk hunt with my Badlands 2200 and that was one trip too many! It was total torture to my back, shoulders, and neck!

If you can pack elk, mtn goat, and sheep with a 2200 wait until you try a super light frame (similar to Kifaru's or Stone Glacier) with a large bag that is super comfortable and capable of 100+ lb, bulky loads! I can hardly tell I have my Kifaru frame and bag on my back...it's that comfortable! My Badlands often sits in my truck....even on scouting trips!

OP
C
I just packed in with the pack for it’s last hunt. 5 day hunt food, bag, tent, busted a buckle most likely due to the mountain goat hunt last week. It’s on its last leg for sure.

Im not a pack on hips guy, hate that feeling I prefer everything on my shoulders. Friend here with is running a Kifaru Nomad. Nice pack you can see they have some of the same functionality as the batwing style 2200.

Our Sunday, maybe take a spin by Kifaru, but may just go with another 2200.

This thread reminds me of the guy who put 1,000,000 miles on his Tundra a while back and then Toyota found out and sent him a brand new truck for free and took his old truck and did a bunch of inspections on it haha You better frame that pack and hang it on the wall when you retire it!