Ending trapping

Okhotnik

WKR
Now in NM , as a big upland and waterfowl hunter I find this anti conservation measure disturbing. I guess with the new woke administration sportsmen will see many other opportunities shut down permanently.

Gen273

WKR
I sorry to be so negative, but the reality is barring a miracle, hunting and trapping is likely going to die with our generation: just look at the rising costs, declining opportunities, and liberal agendas against both hunting and guns and ammunition. I really never thought I would live to see this “new” America.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sad thing is I doubt they’ll meet much resistance in ending it due to the lack of interest in it. The ones doing it sure aren’t doing it for the money. Have you seen fur prices lately? $3 for a coon or fox (Eastern prices). Yikes.

SWOHTR

WKR
As much as I don’t want to believe it, I think some aspect of it is real. There also seems to be a big push for “plant protein.”

Brooks

WKR
Liberal politicians see that the only people that fight back are the likes of BLM, LBGQT, illegals the rest of us get walked on all over and don’t do a thing about it. Liberals know it and are taking advantage of it. I never thought I’d see a day trapping would be illegal in big, wide open NM.

ODB

WKR
They're going to turn me in to a criminal.
There are only so many things I will give up.

which is exactly the plan. Push enough BS laws on a law-abiding citizen and what do you get? Either a subservient automaton, or someone who eventually becomes a criminal. In both cases you end up with someone under control. And control is the entire point.

as ayn rand once said, the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Anyone who denies individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.

OMB

WKR
What’s even more interesting, there are “hunters”, probably some on even this site, that support ending trapping.

The woke, pint night, anti predator hunting BHA crowd makes me want to throw up.

They're constantly silent on major issues affecting hunters, or some state chapter will come out with an anti-hunting position before it's quickly deleted on Instagram, but they act so outraged when they're called Green Decoys. BHA in all reality is an astroturfed Democrat Party front group, and it's really disappointing that influential people in the industry like Newberg and Rinella continue to apologize for and give them a platform. In the long run, they're not our friends. I'm all for bringing more hunters into the sport, but only if that means they're respecting our values and methods of take, not them trying to make a centuries old tradition conform to their limited world view.

Rob5589

WKR
Yeah, especially since all those vacating from California are bringing their wicked ways to a state near you. We're hosed.
Easy to blame a few thousand people from CA moving in than it is to blame resident complacency. Blame whomever you prefer, it all comes down to residents not paying attention or taking things like this seriously. Oh, and when they don't live in California any longer, they aren't Californians they're New Mexicans. Enjoy.

ODB

WKR
Easy to blame a few thousand people from CA moving in than it is to blame resident complacency. Blame whomever you prefer, it all comes down to residents not paying attention or taking things like this seriously. Oh, and when they don't live in California any longer, they aren't Californians they're New Mexicans. Enjoy.

Not all that true. 40% of new Idaho residents are from California. It has made a difference.

what you call complacency is actually conservatism. As in, let me live my life with as little interference as possible as I’ll let you live yours. The problem is the people moving here, and the left in general are so bored with their own lives they also want to run yours and mine. That’s a simple fact.