Energy Drink for Elk Hunting

If you're like me you'll be happy you have it. I work out all year just for elk season but there'll be times when you're ran down and that little boost is what you need to get you back in the right mindset and up and over that next ridge.

TX_Diver

WKR
Whatever you do make sure you try it a few times in similar situations before you get away from the truck.

Also make sure you can shoot while you're on it!!! If your heart's racing before you get into elk I can only imagine what happens next.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
I would steer you away from a pre-workout personally. Everyone is different, but many of them have various ingredients to give you a “pump” in your muscles while you workout. I think compartmentalism is the name for it, but on an endurance event it can lead to this condition in which your muscles swell up with blood. Creatine has been associated with it also. Creatine also can cause some weird hydration/dehydration issues.

If you need some caffeine, Amino Energy is one of the better “pre-workout” type options without tons of other questionable ingredients.

Nuun tablets with caffeine, Clif and powergels with caffeine, zip fizz, and Mio drops are all things I’ve used that seem to work okay.

Train with it on some longer hikes before you go. Don’t want to find out 5 miles from the truck that it causes cramping or worse.

bozeman

WKR
no pre-workout and like 'skinny', i don't drink coffee.....1 gallon of water/day. I do however, as JPicher mentioned a few posts earlier.....I get ONE Mt Dew/week and it is GREAT!!!! :) Best of luck to the OP, but i would caution about potential impact of altitude mixed with pre-workout, would def test it a time or two to ensure no adverse impact. Stay safe and good luck!

Ten Bears

WKR
Pacific Health Endurox Excel for some pep.

Their R4 for cramping. Stuff works.

I also toss in a few Nuun’s with caffeine in the nalgene if I am dragging $ss.

I hate that being an east sider because you basically drive for a day and an half, which screws up a good sleep pattern and you head into the woods totally off from the start. Add in altitude and a little help from supplements is welcome.

Last edited:

2rocky

WKR
Pacific Health Endurox for some pep.

Their R4 for cramping. Stuff works.

I also toss in a few Nuun’s with caffeine in the nalgene if I am dragging $ss.

I hate that being an easy sider because you basically drive for a day and an half, which screws up a good sleep pattern and you head into the woods totally off from the start. Add in altitude and a little help from supplements is welcome.

chocolate-milk-vs-endurox-r4-recovery-drink-stimulus-edition-9.png

Now before you ask "How am I gonna get the milk?", I must ask you...How much of a Mountain Athlete ARE YOU?🤣

I've always had the best luck roping a young cow elk and staking her out in camp. In the spirit of Fair chase I tried just wrassling her with my bare hands but in the need for efficiency, I just use 50 ft of 5/16 nylon lariat.

Jordan Shipley inspired me.

When you see a calf this big on a cow elk, you know he is gonna be OK with half rations for the week while you hunt his Daddy or Grand Daddy...

1929009_1113510886662_2844653_n.jpg

Hondo

WKR
Whatever you do make sure you try it a few times in similar situations before you get away from the truck.

Also make sure you can shoot while you're on it!!! If your heart's racing before you get into elk I can only imagine what happens next.

This!

I don't want to be drawing a bead on a venison donor while all jacked up on Mountain Dew.

Ten Bears

WKR
chocolate-milk-vs-endurox-r4-recovery-drink-stimulus-edition-9.png

Now before you ask "How am I gonna get the milk?", I must ask you...How much of a Mountain Athlete ARE YOU?🤣

I've always had the best luck roping a young cow elk and staking her out in camp. In the spirit of Fair chase I tried just wrassling her with my bare hands but in the need for efficiency, I just use 50 ft of 5/16 nylon lariat.

Jordan Shipley inspired me.

When you see a calf this big on a cow elk, you know he is gonna be OK with half rations for the week while you hunt his Daddy or Grand Daddy...

1929009_1113510886662_2844653_n.jpg

Funny stuff...

I don't know if using protein powder and siberian ginseng for 10 days a year makes me a "Mountain Athlete" but it seriously helps. Weighs a tad less than MELK also...

2rocky

WKR
TB I used the regular orange Endurox while marathon training on trails. The shaking in my hand bottle made it foam and fart like crazy.

Mesplay

FNG
I start my day everyday with Wilderness athlete. I take packets of energy and focus/hydrate and recover on my hunt. Great flavor and gives me a little boost and helps keep myself hydrated

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
so I ask mostly because sometimes when I watch hunting videos via youtube I may see guys mixing up mountain ops or something and I have always wondered what the mix was and what people thought about stuff like that for their hunting.