Energy mix when hunting

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyone using for energy mix for hunting? I was using Mtn Ops Ignite but it makes both me and my buddy tired, which is weird. I am not a coffee drinker. Been looking at Dark Mountain and Warrior Fuel.

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
Wilderness athlete. I think it’s “energy and focus “ mango bango. Seems to work, if nothing else, it flavors my water

Kotaman

WKR
Wilderness Athlete for me. Tried Mt. Ops and didn't care for it. I mix Hydrate and Recover, and Energy and Focus. My preference is Cherry Lime mixed with Berry Blast.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use WA Hydrate and Recover but I don't use energy mix. I'm elk hunting with bulls screaming back at me, I certainly don't need external energy mixes to get me going. Plus, once I get above about 10,500 feet the adrenaline just seems to flow constantly.

It's not weird. Do you only use it when you're "hunting"? Vasodilation from the L-Arginine and Niacan or B3 can really calm you down if you're not pushing yourself physically. Whatever you decide to upgrade to make sure to use it before you go out! Keep in mind that caffeine is a diuretic. Although it's a [performance enhancer] it's also a vasoconstrictor and will force water out. The WA hydrate and recover actually has fructose in it and you'll feel that in your muscles in very short order. Mtn Ops has a BCAA drink with similar replenishment supplements but without the fructose (sugar). The WA lemon lime is my favorite and they finally have it in packets again.
BTW: I'm not a nutritionist but I met one once. :p

Fullfan

WKR
Tried the wilderness athlete stuff and was not impressed. Hit the local GNC last summer and bought Hydration Multiplier. 1/3 the price of hydrate and recover.

*zap*

WKR
Zipfizz is an awesome energy drink. Comes in a small one dose tube or bulk. No sugar, 2,500 mcg of B12 and other hydration/energy vitamins it also has some caffeine. The used tubes are great for small amounts of olive/cooking oil....or similar stuff. Around $1 a serving.

Metabolic Nutrition PSP is a non stimulant pre-workout that is good and MN's TAG is the best recovery supplement I have tried. BCA's are always good for before/during activity.

Rich M

WKR
Is this to rehydrate or just energy drink stuff?

I'm in FL - always trying to find a better way to rehydrate - it is 90+ with 95% humidity from May - November and when you get out in the woods/swamps you sweat like there is no tomorrow. Always looking for a better way to rehydrate cause straight water doesn't cut it - get muscle cramps and the like. End up drinking a lot of apple cider vinegar & honey mix and taking magnesium to stem off the cramps. Pedialyte kinda works but is some nasty syrupy stuff.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
1. Just brewing a cup of coffee is my first choice.
2. I like the Zip Fizz mentioned above, haven't tried the MTN Ops or WA powders though.
3. Of the traditional GNC type products, I'd go with Amino Energy. Just a simple powder of aminos and caffeine. Seems to help with recovery and noticeably sustained energy.