Enlightened Equipment 2019 Update

OP
L

ljalberta

WKR
Nunatek is probably the best bet for a down top up. High quality DWR and reasonable prices.

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
I almost think your first loss is your best loss if you feel like you need additional fill in your current EE. What I mean by that is if they are not willing to work with you for a reasonable resolution you might be better off selling the quilt vs investing more money into it with a third party. Figuring in the cost of the materials, labor and shipping both ways. Your Tossing good money after bad. I would sell the EE as there is robust secondary market for them in some classifieds and on Ebay. Then buy a different quilt that suits you better and meets expectations. If I was in that situation EE would be consideration however they would be going into it with a couple strikes against them vs the competition.

All that said I have a 20 degree synthetic insulated Apex EE that I am happy with.

Is your 20 degree synthetic Apex true to temp considering (if you are a average sleeper) you have a hat and or balaclava on. I have a Kifaru backcountry body bag I have been testing and can take it to 25 (like Kifaru rates it) with just a Core Midweight top and bottom plus a hat and socks. I went to bed around 11pm last night at 21 degrees and woke up around 9am this morning at 26 degrees. Feet a little chilled from some brutal wind in the open end of my tarp. Overall I like it but I’m looking to ad a 20 degree Convery Apex to test as well as have my dad use as he loves the design of the body bag and it’s similar. EE is using 8oz vs. Kifaru using 6oz so I would be interested in how different they are in temp rating for me and if there is a huge difference.

I’m now a little skeptical about customer support and if I should pull the trigger or not after seeing this thread.