Enlightened Equipment Revelation Apex Insulation arrives tomorrow

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Soon as I saw that email come out a few weeks ago from Enlightened Equipment I jumped on ordering a Long/wide Revelation 20 Degree Apex Insulation quilt. It arrives tomorrow and Im excited to see how it works.Anyone else order an Apex Insulation EE Quilt?

Got mine in the Camo outer Orange inside. I really like that Color Combo. Stealthy but can use as emergency marker if the need arrises.

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/revelation-apex/

Interested to see what you think.

I'm thinking about adding an Apex quilt for three-season use to go along with my Enigma 0-degree bag. I wish they offered the Revelation in long/x-wide. I toss and turn a bit and have found the extra width is handy for me.

SHTF, I also ordered that day, and according to the tracking website, my quilt will be delivered today. I ordered coyote / coyote. I ordered the new style - the synthetic Enigma. I already had the synthetic Revelation back from when EE called it the Prodigy.

USPcompact, the wide that they offer (58") was enough to prevent drafts for me. Like you, I toss & turn. And I don't bother with the attachment straps.

I ordered one. For some reason they required signature for delivery so I have to pick it up from the post office later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
I have had one in my online cart for a while. Been waiting for a coupon code to come in via email lol. I suppose I could just order it. I was thinking camo exterior and coyote interior. 20° reg wide.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SHTF, I also ordered that day, and according to the tracking website, my quilt will be delivered today. I ordered coyote / coyote. I ordered the new style - the synthetic Enigma. I already had the synthetic Revelation back from when EE called it the Prodigy.

USPcompact, the wide that they offer (58") was enough to prevent drafts for me. Like you, I toss & turn. And I don't bother with the attachment straps.

I've got a 0-degree down Enigma that's long/xwide and really like the size. I debated between the wide and x-wide when I ordered and am glad I got the extra width. Really like the Enigma, btw.

I was wanting to go with a pure quilt style (no closed footbox) for three season use. Don't know if I could get away with the 58" width in that style or not.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Quilt arrived today and Im absolutely floored how nice this Quilt is. EE makes a fantastic product but this really floated my boat. Ive been hanging onto a Kifaru Center zip for a while now and can tell you I don't feel any need now with this new Apex quilt. The material for the outside is much stouter then my down EE quilt from 2013. It is very lofty and almost airtight within the Quilt. Really hard to describe but I feel like Ive found Quilt nirvana with this thing. I can tell is going to be a heck of a lot lower temp rating then the 20 degree rating.

My EE down quilt has 3 ounces of overstuff (on the left) and this Apex Quilt (right) has it beat on loft. Took some pictures. I got mine with the optional weather strip Camo exterior orange interior incase I ever need an emergency marker out in the field.

Side by side

Here there are in their stuff sacks. The bigger one is the Apex obviously.

Weight we are talking 25 ounces for the Down 38 ounces for the Apex Both are Long Wide. Both 20 degree but the down has 3 ounces of overstuff.

13 ounce difference. That is not bad at all.

The new Sack they ship the quilt in has your care instructions printed on it in big bold letters.

Can safely say with the difference in weight the insurance of a quilt that will keep me warm even when wet is completely worth the 13 ounce penalty.

If your on the fence Id say go for it. can't beat the price 235$ shipped for the 20 degree Long wide. That is hard to beat.

I agree with SHTF completely. I finally picked up my apex yesterday too and it will be great for those wet weather hunts. I have the revelation quilt from them (used past three years) for summer and early season hunts. All set for a bit now.

I highly recommend them. I got the long and wide.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Throwing this back to the top for anyone looking for economical sleep setup or if you need a wet weather bag the new EE quilts are worth the time to check it out.

zacha79

Lil-Rokslider
I've got mine coming in either tomorrow or first of next weekend. Then will be on an overnight next weekend with it

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
I'm on the fence about quilt width, hoping you guys can lend a hand. I toss and turn a lot due to multiple shoulder surgeries and the partial replacement of one. I can only sleep on my side or stomach; flat on my back does not work at all. The bag I have now is a standard width Sea to Summit Traverse and although it's very warm, I get tangled and bound up in it pretty easily during a typical night.

Is a regular width quilt from EE or Katabatic roomier than a regular width mummy? Is a wide version a better bet? I'm a relatively small guy: 508/175.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm on the fence about quilt width, hoping you guys can lend a hand. I toss and turn a lot due to multiple shoulder surgeries and the partial replacement of one. I can only sleep on my side or stomach; flat on my back does not work at all. The bag I have now is a standard width Sea to Summit Traverse and although it's very warm, I get tangled and bound up in it pretty easily during a typical night.

Is a regular width quilt from EE or Katabatic roomier than a regular width mummy? Is a wide version a better bet? I'm a relatively small guy: 508/175.

Pac Id say you'd be just fine in a regular width. Im 6 foot 240# depending on the month and I use the wide version cause I like the extra to tuck under me when its really cold out. You won't have the tangling problem with a quilt like your bag. nothing to get tangled in. Im also a stomach sleeper. I run a 30 inch wide pad too. Its a nice setup for me.

SHTF any chance you could give some rough dimensions of the apex in stuff sack? Will it compress more?

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
SHTF any chance you could give some rough dimensions of the apex in stuff sack? Will it compress more?

Yeah it will definitely compress more. Let me finish packing here then I can get it into a Kifaru Stuff sack so you can see how far down it will stuff. Be a bit. Going to Chicago tomorrow for work so trying to get ready.

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
Pac Id say you'd be just fine in a regular width. Im 6 foot 240# depending on the month and I use the wide version cause I like the extra to tuck under me when its really cold out. You won't have the tangling problem with a quilt like your bag. nothing to get tangled in. Im also a stomach sleeper. I run a 30 inch wide pad too. Its a nice setup for me.

Great info, thanks for taking the time. I'll give it a shot with a 6' regular width.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

Hey DP12 I got it into a large 5 string stuff sack fairly easy which is all I have. I would say its about the same size as a Center zip but weights a lot less. I couldn't find a tape measure but took some photos of it with a Nalgene so you could get an idea of size.

IMG_0089_zpsjiwsq2pm.jpg

IMG_0088_zpssmab3p62.jpg

Read1t48

WKR
To the top...
Do you guys have any time with these in the woods yet? True to their temp rating? They sure look nice from your pictures.

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to see zero or 10 degree apex quilt next.. good product but I sleep cold

efnm

WKR
I think I'm going to pick this up for monsoon backpacking here in NM. Probably 30 degree only is necessary, then can use it as an overbag in winter elk hunting at camp.