Eolus vs Stratospire 2 vs X Mid 2p

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
We do have a solid inner version coming out for the X-Mid 1 and 2. Those will be ready in July for the first batch. That'll probably sell out fast so we recommend being on the notification, but starting late 2022 we will have much better supply of everything.

Will the solid inners be available for separate purchase if we already have the Xmid 1 or 2? If so will there be compatibility issues of new vs old 1p?

Will the solid inners be available for separate purchase if we already have the Xmid 1 or 2? If so will there be compatibility issues of new vs old 1p?
Eventually (probably next year) we will have them available seperately. However, for most people it makes more sense to sell their old shelter and switch. If you get the new version, you can easily sell your used original version for full price since they are sold out and in high demand. I've seen our $300 X-Mid 2 selling for over $700 on eBay - so you get a new shelter and sell the old you get the preferred version and a new shelter for little out of pocket cost, whereas if you bought just the inner it would cost $100 or so.

The v2 version of the X-Mid 1P launched this spring has added connections between the inner and fly at shoulder height, so if you use a 2022+ inner in a 2019-2021 X-Mid 1P then you can't use those connections which add a bit of shoulder room. It works but not fully. Also, the June 2022 onwards X-Mid 2 is an updated design (shape) where you could fit the new inner into the older fly but you'd likely need to fine tune the length of the adjustment cords to improve the pitch.

Ram94

WKR
Eventually (probably next year) we will have them available seperately. However, for most people it makes more sense to sell their old shelter and switch. If you get the new version, you can easily sell your used original version for full price since they are sold out and in high demand. I've seen our $300 X-Mid 2 selling for over $700 on eBay - so you get a new shelter and sell the old you get the preferred version and a new shelter for little out of pocket cost, whereas if you bought just the inner it would cost $100 or so.

The v2 version of the X-Mid 1P launched this spring has added connections between the inner and fly at shoulder height, so if you use a 2022+ inner in a 2019-2021 X-Mid 1P then you can't use those connections which add a bit of shoulder room. It works but not fully. Also, the June 2022 onwards X-Mid 2 is an updated design (shape) where you could fit the new inner into the older fly but you'd likely need to fine tune the length of the adjustment cords to improve the pitch.
Will the new 2P shape still fit 2 long wide pads?

Phaseolus

WKR

Is Jerry Wigutow a relative of yours?

I'm not familiar with Jerry, but per some other comments from you here on Rokslide, it sounds like you find him unhelpful.

Are you suggesting we also don't have good customer service? Our customer service department is just me (I am the entire company) but I think I do a good job at being helpful.

For the solid inners there are a lot of updates to both the inner and fly, so we are starting by offering that only as a complete tents given production limitations. Given the strong resale value for our tents, existing owners who want the solid inner are best served to sell their mesh version and buy the solid version (which they could easily do a profit), but we are still working to offer the solid inner as a standalone item - it just takes time so we won't have it right away.

Sorry we pushed it back a bit, so it's June 16 now. We have a pretty large batch, but it'll still sell out in a minute or two so you have to be fast. Our much better production starts in a few months.

Chaplain

FNG
Sorry we pushed it back a bit, so it's June 16 now. We have a pretty large batch, but it'll still sell out in a minute or two so you have to be fast. Our much better production starts in a few months.
Whens the next sale?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The logistics of the tents,ground sheets and pole is a pain in the ass.Everything needs to be able to be sold as a package.I sold a xmid and could never get a ground sheet.Now looking at a 2p solid but cant order it and poles.Great product but just frustrating getting everything.

Interesting read for sure. Used an Eolus this past September and it was impressive. I like the flexibility of nest/no nest and they had made DCF Eolus before too so you can pick fabric type in the past. It is also spacious enough for two 6’3 guys and the guardian is even bigger. The vestibules were a good size and perfect for setting packs on each side for each of us. Had no issues with doors or the condensation it felt like a great lightweight shelter built for hunters. I was so impressed with build quality and being American made. Lots of confidence in this shelter in bad weather. I also love that Seek Outside will repair tents if ever needed and their service is outstanding. I had called in multiple times just asking questions and they always gave me good info. While there are many other great options out there it has led me to trying other Seek products based on that experience.