EPHunting Peeps (1/4 Red Eye)

Curtis C

WKR
Is anyone using the 1/4 Red Eye hunting peep made by EP Hunting? If so could you snap a close up picture and post it here?

I bought one of these peeps to replace my 1/4 Meta Peep. This Red Eye looks thinner than the Meta Peep which has me questioning whether it will be more durable than the Meta.

Thanks, C

OR Archer

WKR
Be careful with those peeps. We've had a few that cut the string due to sharp edges in some of them. Id recommend not taking the chance and just going back to your G5 peep.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a buddy who was using one. No problems with it other than he didn't like the big 1/4".

J-Daddy

WKR
Put the peep down and back away slowly...I had one cut a strand in a string and there have been tons of threads over on ArcheryTalk about them cutting strings over the past couple of years. There is no way I'd put one of them in a string, to many bad stories out there.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Put the peep down and back away slowly...I had one cut a strand in a string and there have been tons of threads over on ArcheryTalk about them cutting strings over the past couple of years. There is no way I'd put one of them in a string, to many bad stories out there.

Are you talking about the Red Eye or Meta Peep cutting strings?

I have read about the Meta peeps cutting strings and that is why I want to replace it. The Red Eye I bought looks thinner than the Meta.

J-Daddy

WKR
Are you talking about the Red Eye or Meta Peep cutting strings?

I have read about the Meta peeps cutting strings and that is why I want to replace it. The Red Eye I bought looks thinner than the Meta.
I'm talking about the Red Eye from EP...Go to archerytalk and do a search...Make a lunch first though cause you will have about 200 threads to read through because a ton of people have had issues with the Red Eye cutting strings.
I've used and installed alot of the G5 Meta Peeps over the years, I've never seen one of them have issues cutting strings.

OR Archer

WKR
the only issue ive ever seen or heard of from a G5 peep is the larger ones ovaling out but thats been fixed.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Thanks Guys that is exactly what I have been looking for. I want to get the 1/4meta out because there is also talk of them slicing strings. When I got the Red Eye it looks thinner than the meta.

Thanks Again, Curtis

edit; After reading over there I suspect the one I have is an older version. Either way it goes back and I find a different option.

Last edited:

J-Daddy

WKR
The good old Fletcher Tru Peep is hard to beat honestly...These days all I use are the Specialty Archery Hooded Super Ball Peeps "I run the Pro Series that are 3/16" with no aperture in them". The standard Super Ball's are 1/4" with no aperture in them if you want a larger one...