Epicurious not doing beef recipes anymore

honestly not sure I care about this specifically but I thought it was interesting. Epicurious (app and website for recipes) is not publishing any new beef recipes because of beefs climate impact.

I have the app on my phone and use it and their website from time to time. I substituted wild game for beef in some of their recipes. I wonder if they will ban almonds due to the excessive water use required t grow them.

feels like a bit of “woke gone wild” to me. They aren’t saying don’t eat beef but if you want a new recipe go somewhere else or use some of our old shit that still uses beef. Odd to me. Is this like cancel light or what?

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I disagree with it (and the general premise that cattle farming is necessarily bad for the environment), but private businesses are free to post or not post what they want. Now, when the government steps into the anti-meat narrative, that'll be worthy of attention.

elkyinzer

WKR
Holy cow, nice woke score.

I do watch some of their youtube content and they definitely have a strong dash of SJW virtue, so I am not surprised they would go here.

Their choice. Plenty of other companies that will. This isn't going away, cow farts are satanic figure in the worship of woke. Fear is the most powerful force in human religions.

I'll keep them in mind if I ever need a veggie burger recipe. Don't hold your breath on that...

ODB

WKR
I disagree with it (and the general premise that cattle farming is necessarily bad for the environment), but private businesses are free to post or not post what they want. Now, when the government steps into the anti-meat narrative, that'll be worthy of attention.

Like Polis did in Colorado?

OP
Desk Jockey
So, meat is bad, but they're still doing recipes with cream, milk, and butter?
It’s worse than that. They are not doing any “new” beef recipes. Cream, milk, butter are fine. Other types of meat seem fine for now too.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider

Read about this yesterday, feed additives changing the cow fart composition. The FDA has too many hoops to get the additives approved here quickly but is an interesting idea.

I am more concerned that Mr Green Jeans himself, Bill Gates, is the largest owner of farmland in the US.

The amount of tech ramping up in ag along with pure value of farmland made this not at all surprising to me. Worrisome for sure. i'd be curious to hear what sort of stipulations he would have as a land lord.

Okhotnik

WKR
Never will happen

Mojave

WKR
You should add a third: Beef Short Ribs

I have been buying rib eyes regularly for a couple of years. I have now made the switch to prime New York strips.

The ones that my butcher sells are 1-1.25 inches thick and weigh about a pound. The upgrade over a rib eye is that you don't get that 1-2 sections of fat and cartilidge that runs through the steak.

Give it a shot.

22lr

WKR
Grilled up some steaks last week, first time I've cooked beef since I dropped 2 Caribou last Aug... I cant say I've missed it...

Do I still get woke points if I stop eating beef and substitute for wild game? Asking for a friend?