Equalizer Climbing Tree Stand vs Lone Wolf

Jkuhn22

FNG
Does anyone have experience with the Equalizer tree stands? I had a few bad experiences many years ago with trying to get climbing tree stands level and have only been using hang on stands since. I am ready to give it another try and have seen the equalizer tree stands that allow you to adjust while climbing. Any experience with those?

Or, with a Lone Wolf how is the step since it has many more positions to set your diameter?

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
You won't be carrying an Equalizer very far, they are heavy and bulky.

OP
J

Jkuhn22

FNG
You won't be carrying an Equalizer very far, they are heavy and bulky.
I typically use hang on stands. I bought some new property and want something mobile to use until I get a better grasp on how the deer move. I won’t have a far left walk and can leave it out during the season.

T_Nelomz

FNG
I have a Lone Wolf climber. I love how light it is and easy and quiet to set up. One thing you have to take into account is that trees generally get thinner the higher you go, so you start our with your stand angled up quite a bit so it ends up level when you reach your desired hunting height.

For the past 3 years I have used a hang on stand and climbing sticks. My XOP vanish can be adjusted to fit any angle of tree. With climbing sticks I can get in any tree and not have to rely on the tree being straight or clear of branches. I use rope mods instead of cam buckle straps on my sticks. I can be set up in any tree in under 20 minutes without making a sound. I have been able to get within 50 yards of bedded bucks and up in my stand without spooking them in Wisconsin. If you want some great info on mobile treestand hunting check out the Hunting Beast Facebook group, or check out the Hunting Public channel on youtube. Lots of great info on mobile setups. Or PM me I would be happy to share my set up.

I have a Higher Level, pretty much the same as the equalizer, and it’s the same weight as the lone wolf hand climber.

I like having the the front bar. Only negative is that it doesn’t fold flat but it’s easy to put together so no problem there.

I really enjoy being able to adjust my stand up in a tree safely. I have a lone wolf assault hang and sticks and I pick my climber most of time. I do a ton of scouting and pick out good spots and if I know my climber works that’s what I go with. It’s lighter and more comfortable than a hang on set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP6

FNG
I’m using the Sit and Climb. For a climber, I love it. Pretty quiet, easy to get around the tree and climbs decent. Once you get it locked down it’s solid and very quiet if you start shifting around.