Equinox vs traverse vs Gradient hoodie

Hey guys, looking for a mid layer for white tail, field goose and early season turkey hunting. Looking at the
Equinox, the traverse cold weather and the gradient hoodie.
Anybody got real world experience with them? Pros and cons?

Looking for a piece that I can pack in to the deer stand for those October hunts where it gets chilly that is a little warmer than my heavyweight hoody. This would be layered over either a merino base, or over a core lw hoodie depending on the temp and how far I need to pack my stand in. I would like a piece that I can use for our cold turkey season here in MN, as well as a piece that I can wear as a standalone when its nice or under a shell for goose hunting when it's nasty out.

These 3 seem really similar, and I'm trying to decide since they are all on sale right now. How do they stack up for warmth? The older I get the more chilly I get so I'm trying to figure out which pieces I need to enjoy sitting in the cold more. I wish I could put hands on them and see how they really feel.

Thanks guys , really appreciate it.

WoodBow

WKR
He is correct. And they are offered in different patterns. Equinox is marketed for whitetails. I own one and bought it for the exact thing you describe. It fills that niche nicely.

The cons to it, for me, are that I wish i could wear my core heavyweight hoody under it without being all bound up feeling. I guess I could size up, but then it would wear like a potato sack by itself. Can't have your cake and eat it i suppose. The only other con is it offers zero wind protection. I'm really picky about noise and bulk. A lot of the temps i hunt would be perfect for just a merino base and the equinox, but with much wind I will need another layer with some wind stopper. I bought a stratus jacket this last year, after season, to help cover more bases. I like that it is wind proof, pretty close to silent, and not too puffy/bulky.

OP
E
He is correct. And they are offered in different patterns. Equinox is marketed for whitetails. I own one and bought it for the exact thing you describe. It fills that niche nicely.

The cons to it, for me, are that I wish i could wear my core heavyweight hoody under it without being all bound up feeling. I guess I could size up, but then it would wear like a potato sack by itself. Can't have your cake and eat it i suppose. The only other con is it offers zero wind protection. I'm really picky about noise and bulk. A lot of the temps i hunt would be perfect for just a merino base and the equinox, but with much wind I will need another layer with some wind stopper. I bought a stratus jacket this last year, after season, to help cover more bases. I like that it is wind proof, pretty close to silent, and not too puffy/bulky.
Think I could layer over it with a softshell like my simms rogue or a jetstream to cover the bases for the wind?

WoodBow

WKR
Think I could layer over it with a softshell like my simms rogue or a jetstream to cover the bases for the wind?
Yea I think so. It has a pretty slick face and isn't very bulky.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
E
Yea I think so. It has a pretty slick face and isn't very bulky.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Mayne my simms vest would do the trick. Windstopper over the core, low bulk on the sleeves. Might be the ticket!

WoodBow

WKR
Mayne my simms vest would do the trick. Windstopper over the core, low bulk on the sleeves. Might be the ticket!
Should work nice. I am a big fan of vest for that exact application. Can also get away with slightly louder face fabric.

OP
E
Should work nice. I am a big fan of vest for that exact application. Can also get away with slightly louder face fabric.
I was never a vest guy until my mother in law took the sleeves off an old simms soft shell that I have. It was too short in the arms, but makes a heck of a great vest. I wear it all the time. Fishing, hunting, hiking, working. Love it.