TX vs CO

• Tx

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Co

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Other

Votes: 27 35.5%

• Total voters
I lived in Kansas for 30+ years and have been in CO the past 6. Do not ever see myself leaving. The weather is a secret. I live at about 7800'. I don't have air conditioning in my house. I can be on a ski lift in 30m. Mountain bike trail in 3. Good elk hunting in 45m. Great fly fishing in 30m. I was just in Dallas this week with 90 and humidity. No thanks. Don't get me wrong, most Texans are great, welcoming people. We head to southwest Colorado in the summer. You can't throw a dead cat without hitting a Texas plated vehicle. Not sure you would see as many Colorado vehicles in Texas. Texas is cheaper homes but it almost washes out with property tax....and ac electric bill...lol.

When i first moved here, i was concerned about the stereotypical hatred for 'ferrners' & immigrants, but the truth is that folks are universally welcoming, friendly & open. But i'm also not a damn yankee & apparently that's far worse than being foreign! 🤣
Lol. My company just moved headquarters from NY to Nashville. 1500 yankees and NY yankees at that moved to Nashville.

Im in TX now and have been asked to relocate to HQ. I didn’t see much public land hunting there In my quick research. Very little like TX if not less. Why do you say it has fantastic hunting opportunities?

robtattoo

WKR
Lol. My company just moved headquarters from NY to Nashville. 1500 yankees and NY yankees at that moved to Nashville.

Im in TX now and have been asked to relocate to HQ. I didn’t see much public land hunting there In my quick research. Very little like TX if not less. Why do you say it has fantastic hunting opportunities?

Within 30 minutes of Nashville, you can be on enough low pressure public land to believe you're the only guy left on earth.

It may not look like much at 7000 acres, but this is just our WMAs. TVA land accounts for a further 6000, state forest another 8 or so, national forest i'm not sure about, but there's enough to get utterly lost in!

The other thing to consider is our deer density. In middle TN i'm allowed 2 bucks a year (plus an extra if I apply for a non- quota draw) & 3 does a day from September right through to January! We have generous small game & waterfowl limits, exceptional bass, striper & trout fishing & there are enough hogs that you can legitimately go hunt them every weekend.

EDIT: Don't know why I didn't just Google it.... We have 2.4 million acres of public land.

Last edited:
Within 30 minutes of Nashville, you can be on enough low pressure public land to believe you're the only guy left on earth.

It may not look like much at 7000 acres, but this is just our WMAs. TVA land accounts for a further 6000, state forest another 8 or so, national forest i'm not sure about, but there's enough to get utterly lost in!

The other thing to consider is our deer density. In middle TN i'm allowed 2 bucks (plus an extra if I apply for a non- quota draw) & 3 does a day from September right through to January!

EDIT: Don't know why I didn't just Google it.... We have 2.4 million acres of public land.
As a TN resident, I agree we have amazing hunting and fishing opportunity. Small game, good deer hunting, excellent turkey hunting, bear out east, some hogs if you know the right place, great waterfowl out west, sandhill cranes, and some amazing fisheries. Only state I can think of that might have better year around opportunity would be Kentucky which I think you could get slightly better deer and have a better chance at elk. Our elk tag in TN is basically like sheep odds

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
Being liberal (stupid) is like being dead - it's only painful for others.

They others should toughen up instead of altering where they are able to live. I can’t move there it is too liberal and it hurts me. Sounds like conservatives are looking for safe zones....

Squincher

WKR
If it had to be CO or TX, I would choose Amarillo, TX. You can live among decent people and still be within driving distance of not only big game hunting in CO and NM, but also bird hunting in TX, OK and KS. I would look for the best fit somewhere between Amarillo and Garden City, KS, but quail and pheasant are just as important to me as deer and elk.

TxxAgg

WKR
Surprised nobody has mentioned Arkansas yet.

34,000,000 acres and about 10% of it public. About 3,000,000 residents.

Deer, pigs, bears, waterfowl, turkey, fishing. Some elevation change and all 4 seasons.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The same debate going on today is the same debate that created what our country was founded on. Your romantic idea of your belief and how you live is some how the pure form our founding fathers is interesting. I am just trying to figure out if you actually believe it or are just trolling people.

I'm willing to die fighting to preserve it, so ya.......a lot of us not only believe it, but we also expect it and take offense to those trying to take that away. Nothing romantic about that. And again......this is about America's founding.....not my beliefs. But "we the people" having freedoms, liberties, and rights that are protected from government tyranny are the biggest and most important tenants of this nation. Tired of all the people these days that not only want to give away their liberty and freedom, but also give away mine and the rest of ours. And then demand that the government take care of them and intrude into our lives, and then legislate that into law. You can get that in any other nation on earth already. America was founded differently than that, and needs to remain different from that.

brsnow

WKR
I'm willing to die fighting to preserve it, so ya.......a lot of us not only believe it, but we also expect it and take offense to those trying to take that away. Nothing romantic about that. And again......this is about America's founding.....not my beliefs. But "we the people" having freedoms, liberties, and rights that are protected from government tyranny are the biggest and most important tenants of this nation. Tired of all the people these days that not only want to give away their liberty and freedom, but also give away mine and the rest of ours. And then demand that the government take care of them and intrude into our lives, and then legislate that into law. You can get that in any other nation on earth already. America was founded differently than that, and needs to remain different from that.

I don’t see it in the same light, great thing is we don’t have to agree.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
They others should toughen up instead of altering where they are able to live. I can’t move there it is too liberal and it hurts me. Sounds like conservatives are looking for safe zones....
The difference is liberals want everyone to live with the consequences of forcing them to give away what they have. Conservatives want everyone to live with each other not expecting to take away from each other. One forces a decision on everyone else. The other avoids forcing anything on anyone, and allows the freedom to make a choice on your own without affecting everyone else.

brsnow

WKR
The difference is liberals want everyone to live with the consequences of forcing them to give away what they have. Conservatives want everyone to live with each other not expecting to take away from each other. One forces a decision on everyone else. The other avoids forcing anything on anyone, and allows the freedom to make a choice on your own without affecting everyone else.
So you are pro-choice?

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
So you are pro-choice?
I mean that's a pretty niche part of the broad picture I painted, but sure let's go there. I think theres levels of morality that are basic, like not killing babies. So I'm anti-abortion. If we want to go the route of leaving morals out of it and leaving it up to "choice", then take govt funding out of it. Abortion shouldn't be a multi-million govt industry. Kind of darkly funny that the govt is better at coordinating and funding abortion than it is at running post mail.

brsnow

WKR
I mean that's a pretty niche part of the broad picture I painted, but sure let's go there. I think theres levels of morality that are basic, like not killing babies. So I'm anti-abortion. If we want to go the route of leaving morals out of it and leaving it up to "choice", then take govt funding out of it. Abortion shouldn't be a multi-million govt industry. Kind of darkly funny that the govt is better at coordinating and funding abortion than it is at running post mail.

the hypocrisy is apparent, freedom and liberty so long as it agrees with your beliefs...it is easy to see from both parties.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
the hypocrisy is apparent, freedom and liberty so long as it agrees with your beliefs...it is easy to see from both parties.
I mean I think i left it pretty even, you apparently dont like that i left govt funding out of choices people make.

brsnow

WKR
I mean I think i left it pretty even, you apparently dont like that i left govt funding out of choices people make.

the Supreme Court upheld it as a right, I believe in the system. Even with a conservative tilt currently it has held up. I understand that being an American my personal beliefs will not always be in line with our laws and rights.The constitution is for all of us, not just me.