Estrogen Blocker / Testosterone Boost regimen

bukshot01

FNG
Anybody currently on a Estrogen Blocker / Testosterone Boost regimen with a doctor? I've been doing it for about 60 days and just looking for reviews from those who've done it.

My main reasoning for it were mood swings, energy/sleep issues, and fat loss.

OP
B

bukshot01

FNG
Fortunately my initial was in February before that kicked off. But my follow up was a phone consult to go over the bloodwork and supplements/scripts.

What I’m talking about is different than the other posts about supplementing with testosterone. What I am on is an estrogen blocker and supplement regimen that has your body naturally increase testosterone. Just curious what others have accomplished on this.

Poser

WKR
Thanks dad. If you can’t contribute, don’t post. But that post should be a quick key on this forum.

I’m just saying, there are some long threads, one of them recent, with a lot of info and perspectives that people probably aren’t going to type out a 2nd time, so you’ll likely find more in the search function then you will with a redundant post.

OP
B

bukshot01

FNG
The other thread is about taking testosterone. I’m discussing supplements and estrogen blockers. Different situation.

Fortunately my initial was in February before that kicked off. But my follow up was a phone consult to go over the bloodwork and supplements/scripts.

What I’m talking about is different than the other posts about supplementing with testosterone. What I am on is an estrogen blocker and supplement regimen that has your body naturally increase testosterone. Just curious what others have accomplished on this.

What is the average T levels achieved by this method? What is your T level? What does the medical literature say about the efficacy this treatment?
Your doctor should have answered these questions for you already. If not, red flag on the scam alert meter.

Show stopper for me is the claim that supplements are going to significantly improve T. That has been extensively medically studied and has shown to have very moderate effects at best.

Mood swings? Guys on T also experience dramatic mood swings, depending on how their care is managed.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
If you are low T, you can lose weight and see where it gets you. If your not overweight, you will be better off injecting. I've never seen E2 blocker recommended to move T levels dramatically. Normally E2 is high if your overweight or when you push too much T without the use of an AI.

OP
B

bukshot01

FNG
I don't know what E2 or AI mean?

Yes, I am pleased with the doctor in his explanation of things. I cannot remember my 14 panel bloodwork numbers, but the things he was looking at were outside of their recommended range.

Basically he prescribed:

B12 injection once a week
Anastrazole once a week
1/2 Clomid 4 times per week
DHEA once a day
Pregnenelone once a day
Homocysteine Factors once a day
Magnesium once a day
Vit. D once a day
Multi & Fish Oil

Honestly, I feel like I've changed my eating habits and sleep habits so I am sleeping much better, but no weight loss. Tripled my gym times. He indicated initially that based on my body type I should see fat loss with muscle gain (so no real lbs lost). But I have not seen that at all. I am pleased with the adjustment in mood/energy.

Anyone else actually done something like this?

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
E2 is Estradiol, which is what is measured as the estrogen in men and needs to be between 20-30. Too high or too low and it will many times mimic low T. AI is an arimatase inhibitor, one form of it is anastrazole.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have been on this tenuous journey for about 9 months. I have picked up some wisdom that may apply to others. There is a current article in Mens Health Magazine that supports this theory:
*Start with Clomid or HCG (sounds like FDA is restricting or eliminating HCG) to try and get your body to naturally produce T FIRST!
Once you start T therapy your testicles shrink and stop producing T...they retire. The above drugs stimulate T production and testicle support.

I was given a fairly high dose of T along with Anastrozole. The Anastrozole gave me severe tendinitis all over my body (a rare but confirmed side effect). I have been forced to eliminate the Anastrozole and slowly drop the T (currently .4cc/wk) and ramp up the Clomid in an effort to find a livable level where I don't need an estrogen blocker. I am still feeling out this plan but feels like making progress. fatigue is manageable and felling OK.
All drugs have side effect so you have to start slowly and listen to your body. Initially the high T dose drove up my estogen. I had high heart rate & BP, pimples on body and scalp, aches in breasts, and other strange side effects.

I had to switch to a Men's clinic that specialized in this type therapy and still be insistent on how I wanted to move forward. They have a standard recipe that does not fit all. They had never had a patient with the tendinitis.
Good Luck

I have a thread in general discussion called TRT Anyone, with like 300 replies on testosterone, estrogen blockers, and hcg.

I take testosterone injections with an estrogen blocker (anastrozol) and it has changed my life.

Following….

I’m 48, and just started T therapy

My T level were 70 ish. Normal is 300-100

Taking Testosterone & Gonaderaline injections 2x weeks with estrogen blocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
As part of an infertility journey with my wife I found out that I had low T at only 33. Doctor put me on Chlomid (spelling??) which as others mentioned is meant to naturally boost your test production vs supplement it. It worked on increasing my T levels. Unfortunately I didn’t notice any positive side effects but did find some side effects of the Chlomid so I eventually stopped taking it. Low T wasn’t my initial concern that took me to the doctor. Figured I’ll probably need to address it later in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bard

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know what E2 or AI mean?

Yes, I am pleased with the doctor in his explanation of things. I cannot remember my 14 panel bloodwork numbers, but the things he was looking at were outside of their recommended range.

Basically he prescribed:

B12 injection once a week
Anastrazole once a week
1/2 Clomid 4 times per week
DHEA once a day
Pregnenelone once a day
Homocysteine Factors once a day
Magnesium once a day
Vit. D once a day
Multi & Fish Oil

Honestly, I feel like I've changed my eating habits and sleep habits so I am sleeping much better, but no weight loss. Tripled my gym times. He indicated initially that based on my body type I should see fat loss with muscle gain (so no real lbs lost). But I have not seen that at all. I am pleased with the adjustment in mood/energy.

Anyone else actually done something like this?

is this from a testosterone/anti aging clinic? Many places start patients off with similar prescriptions before going to testosterone injections. some use clomid and others use HCG. The anastazole blocks the conversion of testosterone to estrogen ( its an AI). It works but is a harsh drug. I am on it as I feel better with it but many dr's dont like to prescribe it and prefer patients to have higher estrogen levels. In most instances people have a boost in the total test result but feel no real difference with similar I have studied it quite a bit. For the most most people with low T get real relief/ results once they are prescribed actual testosterone. I suggest the injections. They are painless if you use insulin needles. Cream and gel is a pain in the ass, needs to be applied every day, and can rub off on your wife or kids and cause some bad things to happen. Best decision of my life was to go on TRT. I went from a fat unmotivated 5'9 245 to 215 with abs for the first time in my life. The drugs didn't do the hard work but they sure help with recovery. Wwhen your test levels are in the tank, you cant put on muscle and seem to add fat just looking at food then i would take the leap.