Ethics Archery Clean Cut Static Outserts

mww982

WKR
Building a heavy arrow than my Easton Hexx's. Going with a 5mm Easton Axis Match Grade in 300 spine, plan on using the 100 grain static inserts on my test build arrows (trying three different vanes). Haven't been able to find many reviews on these but have found more on the inserts and collars. Anyone use these? Like them, hate them, prefer the collars?

203-271insert_1296x.png

Yep, hits or nothing. 75gr hit, either iron will steel or Easton brass and a 25gr collar will get you the same weight with a much stronger system. Or skip the collar and use a 100gr IW hit.

TheViking

WKR
Yep, hits or nothing. 75gr hit, either iron will steel or Easton brass and a 25gr collar will get you the same weight with a much stronger system. Or skip the collar and use a 100gr IW hit.
I wouldn't say HIT or nothing, but a 75g HIT and a 25g collar will be SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than a half out on the 5mm shaft.

4fletch

Lil-Rokslider
Ive bent a ss half out. It went through a target deer leg. Foam, hard plastic, then another couple of layers of plastic and poked out the other side. It bent because i was reefing on it to get it out. It took a massive amount of abuse before it gave. I have hit a cutting board edge on with a hit in an fmj and the point and front of the arrow were undamaged. The arrow bent and the nock blew off and dumped its battery. I messed up an Axis trying to it pull it with a hit. Cracked carbon. (also abusing it pretty hard). Ive seen several times where outserts/half outs are fine after an extremely hard impact but the front of the arrow looks like mangled spaget. For the most part ive damaged more pulling them from places they do not belong to begin with than from hitting the thing they should not have hit.

personally on FMJs i like the hit. On 5mm i like the ss. Ive got one set of 12 axis 4mm LR with the aluminum half out that has the little shaft recess and i like them very much. They are holding up well.

Last edited:

Dennis

WKR
I like them and I have been using them this past year with good results in .166 shafts. I started using them to increase my arrows structural integrity, and FOC. I use their aluminum insert and steel collar (110 grains) and while not indestructible they are holding extremely well. Once I started using them I found that the glues I was using would not hold up to the increased penetration and impact over time. I would suggest using Ethics epoxy to glue in the inserts or maybe a 24 hour epoxy. I also learned not to glue on the collars on. If you shoot through something hard you can just unscrew the tip and pull the collar off to pull the shaft out easy.

I wouldn’t go with the outsert system. I’m running Axis 260 match grades with Ethics stainless steel insert (cut down to 110 grains) and stainless footer/sleeve. It’s the most durable system I’ve ever run. I glanced one off the back of the target and hit the steel pole on the basketball goal. Fully penetrated the pole almost up to the edge of the footer. Unscrewed the arrow and arrow insert still in perfect condition. Couldn’t believe it. I’ve also heard good things about the iron will/collar with their HIT inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk