Ethics Archery Inserts

They are a quality product. I have them for my X-impact .250 spine shafts. They are worth checking out. Best "outsert" on the market IMO.

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
No complaints! Got a dozen match grade spinning inserts for Axis arrows and they are dialed in. Used glue and not epoxy for install.

I have some vaps on the way and I cant decide between double stacking d-6 inserts and using a 150 grain vpa 2 blade or the ethics with 100 up front and whatever head I want.

Beendare

WKR
Some crazy claims by Ethics Archery.....directly from their website on the 'why spinning inserts' page.

How can their spinning insert make an arrow "fly Flatter"?

THE ADVANTAGES OF SPINNING INSERTS AND SPIN POINTS
Unmatched accuracy - Spinning the arrow faster stabilizes it much more quickly than a static insert arrow.
Arrows fly flatter - A faster arrow creates more lift, making arrows fly flatter.
Greater arrow spin rate - Arrows spin approximately twice as fast, due to not having to spin all the FOC.
Faster down range speeds - Lighter arrows will always shoot faster right off the bow, but with Ethics Archery Spinning Inserts and Spin Points, the true speed is measured down range. The Spinning Insert and Spin Point arrow comes out on top in every speed test.
Greater penetration - You can now shoot heavier arrows, not lose speed down range, and have greater penetration.
ZERO broadhead plane - The broadhead is no longer part of the arrow, and cannot manipulate the arrow’s direction of travel.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I am not into the spinning insert thing either. The construction of the regular insert for the micro diameter Arrows looks solid. Going to try them this year over the Black Eagle outserts, which I had some issues with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used both the black eagle half outserts and the ethics adjustable half outserts for my .204 arrows (kinetics and faultlines) and I really like both. I give the edge to ethics though- 12 of the 12 spun perfectly with broad heads installed. Only 8 of the 12 black eagles spun that way.

The versatility of the ethics are unmatched (unless you go with a FACT-like system from GT), seeing that you can also adjust the weight as needed. They also up FOC quite a bit and can strengthen the front end dramatically if you use them with a footer.

I tried the spinning inserts just to play with them. I have a friend I hunt with that every now and then will torque the bow with his grip when he gets excited hunting and make a shot that ends up not as planned. I thought this could be a help for him. Took a bow a bit out of tune intentionally (moved the rest) to see if the spinning inserts with a fixed blade broadhead made any difference. With the rest moved horizontally from its tuned position, broadheads would hit about 4” right of field points at 30 yards. I used 150 grain 1-1/4” VPA’s to have a large profile, unforgiving BH. With the spinning inserts the BH’s hit 2” right of field points. So there was some improvement. In my opinion certainly not enough to correct a shot from an odd position where form or grip might suffer. I shot one mature Whitetail buck with the all Stainless spinning insert. Slight quartering away shot, through a rib and into the offside shoulder. The buck ran about 60 yards with the broadhead in the offside shoulder. The arrow was in great shape but the spinning insert was bent and could not be used again. The all Stainless Spinning inserts would also “loosen up” after repeated (I’m talking a hundred or so) shots into a Rinehart Rhino Block target. I never tested them at long range to see if they offered any flight advantage. I won’t be using then anymore, just do not see enough advantage to outweigh the durability issues.
I do however use other Ethics static inserts and outserts and they are excellent.

JasonWi

WKR
I use the ethics archery outserts for my VAP TKO shafts and overall I'm impressed with them. They a fairly consistent weight wise and they hold up to a lot of target practice. I only have one season with them, but have every intention to use them again this season. Mine are the 90-110 grain aluminum post with the 70 grain SS collar( I have them set for 100 grains overall). I found a drimmel tool worked the best to shave the weight off the post and get it exact.

Howdy,
I’ve been running the Ethics static inserts for a year or so. They’ve sent me some samples to break. I haven’t....good stuff, high tolerance, etc. I don’t think adding another level of complexity, via spinning insert, to a high impact situation, hitting meat, is a logical path.

To the opp who “bent one” and it was unusable. I am not surprised. You hit an animal in a very, very, lethal manner. It anchored and the animal ran, placing tremendous lateral stress on the insert. We find this to be common with anyone’s insert system, spinners, static, etc. they are not designed to handle the significant laterally torque. Crow bars, hammer claws, stuff like that.....they are designed to handle!

Put the bloody arrow on the “shelf of cool things that worked” and go back out there!!

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Just got my first order of .165/.245 120-180 grn outserts.

So far looking good.

Mean:

Sleeves- 70.0166
Inserts- 110

Low variance. Well machined. High quality.

More deviation on the sleeves than inserts. But not much.

f5ff76f2277303d843ceb355e35b7203.jpg

Just got my first order of .165/.245 120-180 grn outserts.

So far looking good.

Mean:

Sleeves- 70.0166
Inserts- 110

Low variance. Well machined. High quality.

More deviation on the sleeves than inserts. But not much.

f5ff76f2277303d843ceb355e35b7203.jpg

Are these the all steel combination of outsert and sleeve?

Zac

WKR
I have some Day 6s I'd like to use these on. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on an adjustable center pin system versus cutting the arrow shaft to proper length to control proper spine. In the past I've ended up with too stiff of an arrow and I'm drowning in 100 grain heads.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
This might sound biased because I am on their staff but I am going to give my honest opinion. Over the course of a year I have test both the ALL Stainless versions and the alumnium insert with SS sleeve. I have shot countless bones from sika deer, elk humerus, and cow humerus along with shooting some bricks.

I have NOT had an insert break before the arrow or broadhead broke. Yes the sleeves can bend but if the sleeves are bending it is because of two reasons wrong instillation or the impact was so hard that it caused them to break. Granted if it is because of the second reason generally either the broadhead is trashed or the arrow is trashed or a combination of both. When I say trashed broadheads I am talking about monolithic heads not cheap aluminum ferrule cheap steel heads so I hope I am able to put that in perspective on how tough these outserts are. With that said my favorite outsert is the full aluminum post with the SS sleeve mainly because it seems to be just as strong as the all SS outsert but allows me to use heavier broadheads without having to heavy of an arrow.

Bruce is a great guy with a lot of knowledge. Give him a call but make sure you have time because he loves to talk about the product and just talk in general. lol

Here are some of my set ups at the house from the broadhead and outsert testing I have done. Gives you and idea of what they look like mated up to the broadhead and arrow.

Ironwill 125 grain vented on .165 ID outsert

VanDieman 150 grain on a BE Rampage .250

Tuffhead Meathead 265 grain and Cutthroat 200 grain on a BE Rampage .250

VPA 3 blade 200 grain 1 1/4" on a Black Eagle Rampage .250

Ironwill 125 grain vented on a Black Eagle X-Impact .250

125 grain Grizzlystik Massai on a Black Eagle Rampage .250

VPA 150 grain two blade on a Black Eagle .250 spine

Last edited: