Ethics Archery Inserts

This might sound biased because I am on their staff but I am going to give my honest opinion. Over the course of a year I have test both the ALL Stainless versions and the alumnium insert with SS sleeve. I have shot countless bones from sika deer, elk humerus, and cow humerus along with shooting some bricks.

I have NOT had an insert break before the arrow or broadhead broke. Yes the sleeves can bend but if the sleeves are bending it is because of two reasons wrong instillation or the impact was so hard that it caused them to break. Granted if it is because of the second reason generally either the broadhead is trashed or the arrow is trashed or a combination of both. When I say trashed broadheads I am talking about monolithic heads not cheap aluminum ferrule cheap steel heads so I hope I am able to put that in perspective on how tough these outserts are. With that said my favorite outsert is the full aluminum post with the SS sleeve mainly because it seems to be just as strong as the all SS outsert but allows me to use heavier broadheads without having to heavy of an arrow.

Bruce is a great guy with a lot of knowledge. Give him a call but make sure you have time because he loves to talk about the product and just talk in general. lol

Here are some of my set ups at the house from the broadhead and outsert testing I have done. Gives you and idea of what they look like mated up to the broadhead and arrow.

Ironwill 125 grain vented on .165 ID outsert
View attachment 145280

VanDieman 150 grain on a BE Rampage .250
View attachment 145281

Tuffhead Meathead 265 grain and Cutthroat 200 grain on a BE Rampage .250
View attachment 145282

VPA 3 blade 200 grain 1 1/4" on a Black Eagle Rampage .250
View attachment 145283

Ironwill 125 grain vented on a Black Eagle X-Impact .250
View attachment 145284

125 grain Grizzlystik Massai on a Black Eagle Rampage .250
View attachment 145285

VPA 150 grain two blade on a Black Eagle .250 spine
View attachment 145286

Brandon_SPC those outserts look sweet! I’m currently trying to decide between the Iron Will titanium footersystem and the Ethics Archery outsert (SS sleeve, Aluminum insert).

The problem with the Iron Will system is it’s deep six and I want a standard outsert. I’m probably going to go with the ethics system, but I have two questions I can’t figure out:
  1. How long are the SS outsert sleeves for a 4mm arrow? The Iron Wills are one inch long and I would prefer something longer.
  2. Do the outsert sleeves have a lip that covers the end of the arrow shaft and gets sandwiched between the outsert and broadhead? The website and pictures are not very clear about that.
Thanks 😁

i'm a fan of their components, haven't had a bad one yet, and they are very tough. built some v-forces for my compound awhile back with the 200gr static inserts, been flawless. I epoxied them in, and hit the rebar on the target, and backed the insert out a tad, but didn't bend at all.... impressive.

i'll keep using them, because i'm confident in them

Kentucky

WKR
This might sound biased because I am on their staff but I am going to give my honest opinion. Over the course of a year I have test both the ALL Stainless versions and the alumnium insert with SS sleeve. I have shot countless bones from sika deer, elk humerus, and cow humerus along with shooting some bricks.

I have NOT had an insert break before the arrow or broadhead broke. Yes the sleeves can bend but if the sleeves are bending it is because of two reasons wrong instillation or the impact was so hard that it caused them to break. Granted if it is because of the second reason generally either the broadhead is trashed or the arrow is trashed or a combination of both. When I say trashed broadheads I am talking about monolithic heads not cheap aluminum ferrule cheap steel heads so I hope I am able to put that in perspective on how tough these outserts are. With that said my favorite outsert is the full aluminum post with the SS sleeve mainly because it seems to be just as strong as the all SS outsert but allows me to use heavier broadheads without having to heavy of an arrow.

Bruce is a great guy with a lot of knowledge. Give him a call but make sure you have time because he loves to talk about the product and just talk in general. lol

Here are some of my set ups at the house from the broadhead and outsert testing I have done. Gives you and idea of what they look like mated up to the broadhead and arrow.

View attachment 145280

View attachment 145281

View attachment 145282

View attachment 145283

View attachment 145284

View attachment 145285

View attachment 145286

Are all those less than 5/16 shafts?

I was looking at putting this system on some beman centershots, but I believe they where calling for use with 11/32 field points..

wouldn’t that cause a lip or shoulder with a 5/16 broadhead?

sneaky

"DADDY"

I was looking at putting this system on some beman centershots, but I believe they where calling for use with 11/32 field points..

If you're running the sleeve on any arrow size you're going to have a lip that can catch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

View attachment 145280

View attachment 145281

View attachment 145282

View attachment 145283

View attachment 145284

View attachment 145285

View attachment 145286

View attachment 145280

View attachment 145281

View attachment 145282

View attachment 145283

View attachment 145284

View attachment 145285

View attachment 145286
how do you find the VanDieman single bevel heads mate?

I just changed my arrows this year to grizzlystik 240’s with the ethics all SS insert/outsert. By far the toughest set up I’ve ever had. I do a lot of judo stump shooting so I’ve hit a lot of hard things I didn’t mean to hit and broke a lot of arrows over the last 15+ years. My current setup is a 80# compound and 29” draw, 665gr total arrow weight with 24% foc. I shot over my pine cone at about 35yds and center punched this granite rock. Broke my judo in half and had zero damage that I could see to the insert/outsert or arrow. That would’ve destroyed any arrow insert combo I’ve ever shot before. 5CEB35FC-EC92-4847-BDC4-9382D5611DF8.jpeg

Kentucky

WKR
I just changed my arrows this year to grizzlystik 240’s with the ethics all SS insert/outsert. By far the toughest set up I’ve ever had. I do a lot of judo stump shooting so I’ve hit a lot of hard things I didn’t mean to hit and broke a lot of arrows over the last 15+ years. My current setup is a 80# compound and 29” draw, 665gr total arrow weight with 24% foc. I shot over my pine cone at about 35yds and center punched this granite rock. Broke my judo in half and had zero damage that I could see to the insert/outsert or arrow. That would’ve destroyed any arrow insert combo I’ve ever shot before. View attachment 205853

that is super impressive..on the other hand, That is a very expensive arrow.. if that baby slipped into the grass instead, you would’ve lost... how much per??

To each his own.. I think they are totally badass.. and that setup could shoot through a Buffalo long ways,.. but what do they cost apiece?

Agreed. I look a lot harder for these when I bury one in the grass ha. But I bought a two arrow test pack from grizzlystik with inserts and since I bought another dozen within a month they gave me a $50 credit towards that dozen. So I got 14 arrows with SS inserts for $217. Think that’s about $15 per arrow. And grizzlystik has the best customer service of any company I’ve ever dealt with inside or outside of the hunting world.

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve lost more arrows this year that I have ever in the past..I guess I have found my effective range, lol, I have never lost one with a judo or small game tip from VPA... those things are worth the money.. I have only broke one on a rock that was about 3” under the dirt shooting at May apples

I just changed my arrows this year to grizzlystik 240’s with the ethics all SS insert/outsert. By far the toughest set up I’ve ever had. I do a lot of judo stump shooting so I’ve hit a lot of hard things I didn’t mean to hit and broke a lot of arrows over the last 15+ years. My current setup is a 80# compound and 29” draw, 665gr total arrow weight with 24% foc. I shot over my pine cone at about 35yds and center punched this granite rock. Broke my judo in half and had zero damage that I could see to the insert/outsert or arrow. That would’ve destroyed any arrow insert combo I’ve ever shot before. View attachment 205853
dayum! that's a hard impact! i know the arrows and ethics components are super tough, but i wouldn't have guessed that tough. that's cool.

Kentucky

WKR
They sound expensive, but if you never lose arrows then totally worth it..I’m a trad guy, I take awkward shots at random stuff a lot, deflections happen....so does lack of back tension.

They sound expensive, but if you never lose arrows then totally worth it..I’m a trad guy, I take awkward shots at random stuff a lot, deflections happen....so does lack of back tension.
I shoot instinctive too so I understand. I just try to shoot less of those shots at those old beer cans on a hard dirt bank that skips my tuned, wrapped, shield feather fletched with love, pretty arrow across the creek and into the next county.

Yeah I was very surprised. It wasn’t like skip in to it and hit the rock, or hit on a angle and skip off. I hit it square on that flat spot ha.
i do want to try the grizzly stik arrows, i do like the concept, and they are tough. i think i'll stick to my axis match grades for my compounds and try the grizzlystiks next year through my recurve. sounds like a good stump shooting setup.

sticker shock is kinda rough, but it's all expensive and doesn't really matter in price difference. i lost 2 iron wills last year elk hunting with my recurve, haha.... what's another 7 bucks difference per arrow? if they hold up, it will pencil out.

the GS arrows are a little more expensive, but not that much more per arrow than what i shoot anyways. a white dip with 4 3" trad vanes would make them hard to lose ;)

A story about their customer service: I found them through desperation of trying to get a stiff enough spine for a high foc setup out of a 80# compound when every other arrow wasn’t working. I ordered their two arrow test pack late one night off their website. The next day a lady called me and said “hi this is Ginny from grizzlystik, I see you made a order last night and that you’re a first time customer and I just want to make sure you’re getting what you need.” I just about shit myself. She took my info, (bow make, draw weight/length) then said it sounds like you’re on the right track but if you like you can call Todd our tech any time and he can answer further questions if you have them. To repeat: THEY CALLED ME just from seeing I placed an order online. That’s never happened from any company ever. I spoke to Todd several times through this new high foc super tune business and they answered or called me back quickly every time I called. Several times without me even leaving a msg. So, those arrows are worth every single penny in my book.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for not answering y'alls messages in a timely manner. I have been in the middle east since January so connection to the outside world can be spotty.

Are you talking about the threads or the actual arrow diameter?

how do you find the VanDieman single bevel heads mate?
I honestly bought them off their website http://www.gidgeesticks.com.au/gidgee-sticks-broadheads/ but I think they are only going to dealers now. Search VanDieman online and you can find dealers in the US and overseas. Also if you have questions I would always call Dan or message him on FB. Great company to do buisness through.

Sorry for not answering y'alls messages in a timely manner. I have been in the middle east since January so connection to the outside world can be spotty.

Are you talking about the threads or the actual arrow diameter?

I honestly bought them off their website http://www.gidgeesticks.com.au/gidgee-sticks-broadheads/ but I think they are only going to dealers now. Search VanDieman online and you can find dealers in the US and overseas. Also if you have questions I would always call Dan or message him on FB. Great company to do buisness through.
i was meaning how do you like the heads as in whats your opinion on them are they a good head? sorry bit of aussie slang there haha

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Brandon_SPC those outserts look sweet! I’m currently trying to decide between the Iron Will titanium footersystem and the Ethics Archery outsert (SS sleeve, Aluminum insert).

The problem with the Iron Will system is it’s deep six and I want a standard outsert. I’m probably going to go with the ethics system, but I have two questions I can’t figure out:
  1. How long are the SS outsert sleeves for a 4mm arrow? The Iron Wills are one inch long and I would prefer something longer.
  2. Do the outsert sleeves have a lip that covers the end of the arrow shaft and gets sandwiched between the outsert and broadhead? The website and pictures are not very clear about that.
Thanks 😁
1.) I think for both the .204 and .165 ID arrows the sleeves cover about a half inch of the arrow.
2.) So how the work is the insert actually goes about an inch inside the arrow (of course you can cut the insert to different weight) and another 1/4" sticks out the end. The end of the inserts sits flush with the end of the arrow, then the outsert sit flush with the end of the insert. They are great outserts the advantage the HIT collar system will have ouver the ethics is nother protrudes outside the arrow so there ins't anything to use for leverage on the arrow. With that said I have only bent two ethics outserts out of all the testing I have done. One was on rebar and the other was on a glancing blow on steel and it was just the sleeve that bent.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
i was meaning how do you like the heads as in whats your opinion on them are they a good head? sorry bit of aussie slang there haha
Honestly great heads especially for the price. The only con I can see in them is I think they have a bevel that is over 30 degrees so sharpening them on a KME or Lanksy can be a pain but if you can free hand on a paper wheel you can get them sharp. Granted you can get them sharp on a KME it just takes practice.