ethics archery outserts verses easton titanium half outs

wysongdog

WKR
Gotta questions for everyone. Last year I shot the victory vaps and they were dang good arrows I ran their Shok TL SS/AL insert. They were tough and shot great. Needed new arrows this year so wanted to go back to USA made so I ordered so Easton injections 280 spine with the titanium half outserts. Shooting a 125 point my total arrow weight will be 533. Which is a good weight for me. Just reading more and looking at the way they are designed, got me to second guessing myself. Started looking a lot harder at the ethics outsert system.
Question is how tough is the aluminum? trying to figure out which to go with as I don't want to be shooting tree logs...
Thanks for the help

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shooting VAPs with the Ethics aluminum insert and SS collar (total of 100 gr) + 100 gr point. It’s a bulletproof system. I’ve only used the aluminum shok half outs and was not happy with them. Constantly bending.
Never shot the Easton half out but I don’t care for that design, just seems way to susceptible bending or acting as a lever and prying out of the shaft.

Last edited:

carmanusa

FNG
Also using aluminum cut dn and during tuning did catch ground and couple wood boards with no complaints so far...
62da4bba9518014c5f391057ba9673ab.jpg

OP
W

wysongdog

WKR
Yeah I’m worried about the half out design now that I’ve gotten my hands actually on it. The outsert you are running is exactly what I was thinking about trying.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Ethics has SS and aluminum in both the insert and outsert. Pick the combo that hits your weight. If you are worried about the Alum outset then just switch the combo to a SS outset/alum insert. I've got the SS insert/ aluminum outsert combo on some GT Pierce. I have bent the tip, it was a hit to the metal post inside a 3D target. I've got another that is slightly bent, can't remember what I hit. But I've still got a dozen others that are perfectly straight.

Would the SS outsert have prevented the bend? No way to tell. But, I can still use that arrow for target practice because it didn't blow up from hitting the bar. For that, I like them.