Ethics Archery question

paxamus

WKR
He guys I’m thinking about going with some Ethics insert/outserts on My Easton Procomps. Question is this: should I go with a longer aluminum insert and aluminum sleeve (total arrow weight will end up around 525) or shorter aluminum insert and stainless sleeve (total arrow weight 550)? I have some arrows with the SS sleeves and like them, but am concerned how short the insert is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the SS insert and sleeve. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go with SS insert and aluminum sleeve to save 40 grains to pickup some FPS. I figure that the durability of the system is somewhat greater with the SS insert over the aluminum.

He guys I’m thinking about going with some Ethics insert/outserts on My Easton Procomps. Question is this: should I go with a longer aluminum insert and aluminum sleeve (total arrow weight will end up around 525) or shorter aluminum insert and stainless sleeve (total arrow weight 550)? I have some arrows with the SS sleeves and like them, but am concerned how short the insert is

Another option is the Daysix components If you are using the 300 spine Procomp the 400 spine version of the Daysix 100 grain insert will fit perfectl. Just built some yesterday. I prefer to have the stainless sleeve as I have bent too many aluminum sleeves to rely on them.

Zac

WKR
The problem with Ethics is the sanding. If you want your arrows to spin true then you are going to have to be meticulous on the sanding. I'm not sure how it can be done honestly. Your kind of up a crick for components anyway with those shafts.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
The problem with Ethics is the sanding. If you want your arrows to spin true then you are going to have to be meticulous on the sanding. I'm not sure how it can be done honestly. Your kind of up a crick for components anyway with those shafts.

I agree about not having a lot of components! Luckily there was little to no sanding on my last set

I am shooting the 250 spines.

then you would use the 350 spine Daysix centrix stainless outsert.
The OD of your Procomp 250 is .245. Ethics, Daysix, Valkyrie, Gold Tip, Victory all offer components that will fit your shaft.

Reactions: Zac
OP
P

paxamus

WKR
then you would use the 350 spine Daysix centrix stainless outsert.
The OD of your Procomp 250 is .245. Ethics, Daysix, Valkyrie, Gold Tip, Victory all offer components that will fit your shaft.

Thanks! I may have to give them a shot as well!