Ethics Insert/Outsert system

Caleb777

FNG
Has anyone on here tried the Ethics Archery Outsert system? I’m particularly interested in the static system as opposed to the spinning system but from what I see they’ve got the best thing going.
Wondering how concentric they are? Do they spin good? Durable?
Anything you guys have to say I’m all ears. Been shooting halfouts for a couple years now. Looking to step up durability in the front end a bit.

Thanks!

Bump79

WKR
Has anyone on here tried the Ethics Archery Outsert system? I’m particularly interested in the static system as opposed to the spinning system but from what I see they’ve got the best thing going.
Wondering how concentric they are? Do they spin good? Durable?
Anything you guys have to say I’m all ears. Been shooting halfouts for a couple years now. Looking to step up durability in the front end a bit.

Thanks!
What size shaft are you looking at? .166 I'm assuming.

They are good components I've built several dozen with them now. However, I like the Nexxus Titanium a bit more, they interlock and collar over the arrow more. I'd also look into the Day Six system.

What outserts are you running now? You could add the Firenock Carbon posts in behind you outserts.

C.payne

WKR
Interested in this as well. I was planning on building up some X-impacts with the ethics components.

OP
Caleb777

Caleb777

FNG
I’m running the steel 75 grain half outs from Easton and they have been pretty decent. I thought nexus and day six components are specific to their shafts??

Not a .166, I’ll be shooting .204 ID (5mm). Right now I shoot Easton axis 5mm in 300 spine. But might switch to black eagle rampage.

Dennis

WKR
I have been using the Ethics system for about a year and have been pleased so far. I am currently using the aluminum post with stainless steel collar, but might switch to stainless steel post and stainless steel collar for a little added weight. I am shooting Sirius Archery Orion 250 spine .166 shafts with Ethics post and collar at 29.5". I glue in the post with Sirius epoxy, but slip on the collars which allows me to unscrew the tip and slide the collar off when they completely penetrate targets etc.

Bump79

WKR
I’m running the steel 75 grain half outs from Easton and they have been pretty decent. I thought nexus and day six components are specific to their shafts??

Not a .166, I’ll be shooting .204 ID (5mm). Right now I shoot Easton axis 5mm in 300 spine. But might switch to black eagle rampage.
They are size specific to their shafts but that doesn't limit their application for other shafts. You just match the OD of your shaft with the component from a different spine. For example I run the Nexxus Ti 400 components (.232 OD) on my 300 X-Impact or 300 Storm (.231 OD) for a perfect fit.

I've also got shot 350 Nexxus (.239) on GT Peirce 300 (.242) with minimal sanding.

ndbuck09

WKR
couple years ago I hit one of those metal targets at 20 yards that you try to hit the small hole to get into foam on. Arrow bounced back and the field point tip smooshed in a bit but I flexed the arrow and then spinned it and it spun true as ever. Aluminum inserts and Stainless collars. I'm a big fan of Ethics system.

ahlgringo

WKR
Been shootin ethics system for past 3 seasons, vap v1’s. I will say they are the best in/out system I have used. But… have bent numerous of them as well. SS in’s, SS and aluminum outs.

Took me a while, I am stubborn, but I finally converted to a .204 HIT system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Caleb777

Caleb777

FNG
Been shootin ethics system for past 3 seasons, vap v1’s. I will say they are the best in/out system I have used. But… have bent numerous of them as well. SS in’s, SS and aluminum outs.

Took me a while, I am stubborn, but I finally converted to a .204 HIT system.

What I gather from what you’re saying, is that bending an outsert is more of a hassle to you than leaving the end of your arrow exposed to blow out the sidewalls which is the common failure with HIT systems. Why is that? Seems like when bending an insert..it did it’s job by absorbing the energy ….saved the arrow. Am I missing something?

ahlgringo

WKR
What I gather from what you’re saying, is that bending an outsert is more of a hassle to you than leaving the end of your arrow exposed to blow out the sidewalls which is the common failure with HIT systems. Why is that? Seems like when bending an insert..it did it’s job by absorbing the energy ….saved the arrow. Am I missing something?

Well, I do use collars- but… I would wager that if you query guys on how many outserts bent vs mushroomed tips with hits- the bent outserts would be about 100x more common.
I would reconsider your statement of “common failure” with hits- still looking for my first.

Depending on how you glue in in/outserts (I use epoxy) the arrow is trashed either way. If you want to use hot melt- have at it. Despite all the prep etc. I have lost a lot of outserts that way.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would reconsider your statement of “common failure” with hits- still looking for my first.
Exactly. I've been using HIT's in all my .204" arrows for 15 years now. Ya, there have been a few problems with certain arrows, but even with those it has been an extremely low incidence rate. That's why I don't use collars. I haven't had enough issues to warrant even trying the collars. It's easier to just find more durable .204" arrows than feeling that I "have" to use collars with less durable arrows.

And ya, bent outserts/half outs were much more common than HIT issues. I do have three .204" arrows that I did up for testing that have 100gr SS Ethics half outs in them. They've performed fine so far, just as the same arrows with 75gr brass HIT's have.

OP
Caleb777

Caleb777

FNG
In reference to “common failure”. That doesn’t necessarily mean that it is common to failing. But when that failure does occur, that is what I see the most complaints about. So it is the most common failure I hear of.

Thanks to all who gave input! Lots to think about.

I have been using the Ethics system for about a year and have been pleased so far. I am currently using the aluminum post with stainless steel collar, but might switch to stainless steel post and stainless steel collar for a little added weight. I am shooting Sirius Archery Orion 250 spine .166 shafts with Ethics post and collar at 29.5". I glue in the post with Sirius epoxy, but slip on the collars which allows me to unscrew the tip and slide the collar off when they completely penetrate targets etc.
Hey Dennis,

Did you have much trouble tuning your orions? What bow are you shooting? Thanks!

Dennis

WKR
Didn't have much trouble tuning the Orion's, and my bow is a Mathews V3- 31" with 29.5" draw at 65 lbs.

JoeDirt

WKR
Lessons learned:
Last year I used Ethics outserts on some 4mm Axis arrows. I do not like how you have to sand the carbon to get the sleeves to fit. So depending on your arrows you might be better off with a different sleeve. I also went with stainless and cut my outserts down, I should have went with aluminum and left them full length making them spin better.

This year I went with RIP TKO arrows and Ethics HIT system, the components seem to fit nice and tight.