Euro Mount and Velvet question

My son killed a cool fork Saturday here in CA pretty much a typical foothill hybrid. The deer was still in velvet but not the typical velvet you would see during archery which is spongy to the touch and this one seems more furry the fuzzy if that makes sense as if the blood is gone. We always do our own eruos at home and want to do the same just trying to figure out if i need to fig a way to preserve it before boiling ? If so since it doesn't appear to have any blood in them maybe velvilok or just wrap in plastic and aluminum foil and slow boil and not have the water go as high as usual and stay away from the pedicels? thnx

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a buck in full velvet this year. Still spongey. Planning on doing a euro myself. What I've seen and recommend in your case. I'd buy some Velvet cure or I've seen people use acetone or denatured alcohol. What I gather is those chemicals essentially "dry" the velvet, pulling the moisture from the "skin" that's still attached. I've heard/seen that you have to apply it a lot. Like 2-3 times a day. Look up White bone creations on youtube he has a pretty good video on how to do it with velvet. I liked his idea of wrapping the horns in shrink wrap and ziptying below the pedicles and then wrapping in foil to keep the steam away from the velvet. My bucks a little different so I'm doing a bit of a different process but essentially the same.