Euro Mount and Velvet question

My son killed a cool fork Saturday here in CA pretty much a typical foothill hybrid. The deer was still in velvet but not the typical velvet you would see during archery which is spongy to the touch and this one seems more furry the fuzzy if that makes sense as if the blood is gone. We always do our own eruos at home and want to do the same just trying to figure out if i need to fig a way to preserve it before boiling ? If so since it doesn't appear to have any blood in them maybe velvilok or just wrap in plastic and aluminum foil and slow boil and not have the water go as high as usual and stay away from the pedicels? thnx

Fitzwho

WKR
Check out Whitebone Creations on Youtube. He has done a couple. If it is dried to the rack and just never rubbed off by the deer, it should work by plastic wrapping and taping it up well (anything that could get wet), then do your standard boil/pressure wash operation.

I recently talked to a taxidermist after a friend wanted a velvet euro mount. The taxi suggested not doing a euro but doing an antler mount on a plague with a leather wrapped skull plate.

I personally don't think euro mounts with velvet are very attractive.

Marble

WKR
I think to preserve the velvet they inject formaldehyde into the antlers. I have no idea how, but that's what the last taxidermist said.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
I think to preserve the velvet they inject formaldehyde into the antlers. I have no idea how, but that's what the last taxidermist said.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
That is what my taxidermist has told me as well.

OP
B
yes on the injection but that was only on an archery buck i had this buck is completely hard horned underneath its kind of weird like hes a stag or sthing