Euro Mount in Los Angeles?

OP
Davidson51
I went the beetle route, totally worth it. Got it back yesterday, no smell, ready to mount, looks great. Appreciate everyone's feedback.

20211205_142406.jpg20211205_142937.jpg

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
It looks great. I like that it is not overly white.

One thing that I notice is that he bones at the bottom of the nose seem to have sprung apart. When that has happened on my euros, I have had good luck gluing them together with clear epoxy applied to the underside(upper pallet). Usually a couple of wraps of twine or dental floss will hold them together while the epoxy cures.

TheGDog

WKR
That's cool. With the Beetles you can elect to leave in the sinus bone tissue. If just doing at home in a simmer, I'd highly recommend using forceps to remove those bone tissues with a grab and twist because ya end up with bits of flesh deep down within it that you can't get to. And the simmer with peroxide is supposed to cure those tissues so that micororganisms can't eat it anymore, but if their thickness is too much they won't cure thru-and-thru because you don't want the concentration of the peroxide soo high up it starts compromising the rigidity of the bone material. Which is why they explicitly instruct you not to use chlorine bleach sprayed on because it'll weaken the bone material and make it more brittle.

Also that's why most Home Euros don't do the Jawbone because there's that big foramin space running thru it's center and it's a PITA to successfully remove the tissues from within there. They have to be pulled out whole after long slow simmer, just enough to where that tissues attachment to the bone is compromised, but it's not yet so soft that it won't pull the rest thru if you gently and consistent apply a pulling pressure onto the bit that you can get at outside of the foramin hole. If you're careful, you can get that one completely out like the meat from a crab's leg type of deal. Which is important if ya want to make necklace or other things out of the jawbones.