Euro mount your pet dog?

Azone

WKR
I loved my old yellow lab more than most people in my family, he was a quail missile. The day he died the last thing on earth I would've thought about would be this. Skinning and boiling his head would have probably put me in therapy. So I do the responsible thing instead and drink a healthy dose of Whiskey every year on the day he died.
What next, freezer displays of your dead relatives during the holidays?

jspradley

WKR
Animal rights look at our trophies and cant possibly wrap their minds around how we can derive admiration, respect and remembrance from the bones and skins of dead animals but it makes perfect sense to us.

I like to think we are better than them.

I can certainly see how someone would view this as commemorating their dead friend, I dont think I could handle it myself but people look at things differently and you really cant say it's wrong without pointing the finger at yourself for having dead animals in your wall.

jspradley

WKR
With that said when my cat croaks I do want to take my cat to a taxi who has never done a cat before and say "make him look badass"

That's how little Benito Meowsulinni would want to be remembered

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't read through this thread other than the first few posts, and am very relieved that everyone else here is also outraged by this notion.

Only reason I can think of for keeping any spare dog parts around would be to make a clone. I’d give my trigger finger to have my old dog, who died at 17 back as a puppy. Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

I have really been wondering if this might become a thing in the next 30-40 years.

Unfortunately I think a lot of what makes a dog is the situations and training it had while it was young. Be aweful hard to raise a dog and have expectations of it like a previous.

I read something once about the blessings of a dog's short life is that we get to know more of them. Or something like that.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Am I the only degenerate here that thought if she was wearing more clothes her nips wouldnt be hard..............

I have ancestors who had this practice with their family members. Takes the meaning of "Trophy Wife" to a whole new level.
I'm probably not practicing this my self on my pets or family, but who am I to judge.
To each their own.

Stalker69

WKR
My cousin in Minnesota has one of his dogs life size “ normal” mounted. I don’t know , I truly love my dogs,they are my best friends, and far far better then most people, but it would creep me out a bit. I do have ashes and pictures on the shelves. And I made a neck less and have ashes in it also. Never take it off. So I get it, if that’s what you want it’s cool with me, I ain’t going to judge no one.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I did some work for a guy who does chemical cremation on pets. Yeah, basically dissolves them. I had never heard of that before meeting him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You can't even put your own dog down without getting charged with animal abuse these days. So I can't see this going over well with the animal rights folks. Did your dog have a will that OK's this?