Ever break your nose?

MattB

WKR
I would try to get to an ENT dr and see if there is anything to be done before it starts to set.

Yep I did in high school. Hasn’t been the same since. Ended up having to have surgery for a deviated septum about 10 years after.

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
Only 7 times. 2 of that was from an itchy thumb lol. Had to have a doctor reset it twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
Yep, broke mine when I was young and too dumb to go see a doctor. I have issues with a deviated septum now also. Going to get it checked out is good advice that could save you some trouble down the road.

And I feel for you OP, it can hurt!

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Had mine smashed at age 12. ENT reset it and put plaster cast over it. Turned out well, just a little knob on bridge but its straight.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
Broke mine as a kid. Still crooked. Go get it set. It’s worth it in the long run.

crich

WKR
Yeah go see a doc if you can. Hard telling whats going on in there looking in the mirror ar a swollen nose. Easier to correct something now than later... otherwise you could potentially have broken your nose twice so that they can fix it.

OP
lyle_destroys
Yeah go see a doc if you can. Hard telling whats going on in there looking in the mirror ar a swollen nose. Easier to correct something now than later... otherwise you could potentially have broken your nose twice so that they can fix it.
I grabbed a hold of it and it felt like just the cartilage at the bottom was crooked, the bone up higher I can touch and doesn't cause pain, pulled the bottom straight right after it happened. Bled for 2 hours but I can breathe since it quit. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Wapiti1

WKR
Used two pencils to straighten it the first time. Second time, I went to the doctor and he used two pencils to straighten it. Not really, but the stainless rods he used might as well have been pencils. Third time, no pencils needed, just a good wiggle. All were motorcycle crashes in enduro races.

Last time, I had the doctor break it to straighten it and the septum. My beak is now straight and I don't snore anymore.

We'll see. I don't ride as much anymore since Indiana sucks for offroad sports if you don't own land.

Jeremy

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Yep a bunch of times playing rugby. I’ve got a big nose and the thing was an elbow magnet. Saw a doctor once or twice to have it reset. Also had some liquid courage and had a coach or someone else reset it before. I would recommend seeing an ENT bc I’ve def had some issues being dumb about it.

ridgefire

WKR
I ran into a tree while snowboarding and broke mine. It bled like a stick pig. I went to the Dr. and they didn't really do anything about it. Ended up with two black eyes and half my face was black and blue.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I've broken my nose 5 times. An ENT reset it few weeks after my first one. I had a couple of surgeries, including one to fix a deviated septum. I've reset a couple of them myself, which worked fine. If I mushed it up bad again, I'd go to the doc, but I'd probably try to straighten it up myself first. I will say I slept way better after getting the deviated septum fixed (and so did my wife.)

Jaker_cc

WKR
Broke mine twice, it’s crooked still and I’m a mouth breather. I think it set straighter after the second break than after the first one. Go to the doctor is my advice.

slvrslngr

WKR
Yep a bunch of times playing rugby. I’ve got a big nose and the thing was an elbow magnet. Saw a doctor once or twice to have it reset. Also had some liquid courage and had a coach or someone else reset it before. I would recommend seeing an ENT bc I’ve def had some issues being dumb about it.

You’re not a rugby player until your nose gets broken. 🤣 Took me a while but finally got it done at practice of all places, by one of my own guys.

Go see a doctor, ideally and ENT. Crooked noses give character. Deviated septums give breathing problems. Much better to fix it right away than have it RE broken or do surgery.

Once while playing little league baseball when I was 6 yrs old. Never did anything about it except clean it out when it became full of dried blood. Smashed it flat and I don’t breathe through my nose well.

Comerade

FNG
If you haven't broken your nose....what have you be doing all this time?
It is the natural order of becoming a man, imo