Ever find a trail camera?

EJMK

FNG
I’ve found two. One time I set up about 15 yards from a water hole for the afternoon and had a small bull come in and tempt me. I drew on him but decided to let him walk. When I was getting ready to hike out I looked up and noticed the camera. I left it alone but I bet there were some funny pictures with me fumbling around with my bow when that little bull came in for a drink.

TheGDog

WKR
Do not touch. You know it's not yours. You know you'd be pissed if someone touched yours. So Why? Leave it alone!

Resist the urge to put up a cam in a spot that *is* a good spot to document if bucks are coming past, but, the spot would make the cam fairly visible to other hunters/hikers. It ends up making those other hunters figure there must be something to that spot and they decide to come into that area when the season is on. So if you can, figure out a more hidden spot for it if possible. And maybe even "brush it in" a little on the tree if you can. And definitely a Python cable lock.

tdhanses

WKR
I know CO DOW puts them out, I’ve only ever found one and walked up on the game warden checking it.

Pezboat

WKR
All the time here on MN public land. I never touch them, but one time I noticed one next to my favorite tree. That very night, I stuck a 120 inch 9-pointer directly in front of the camera. I thought about going back to hold up a sign with my number on it, but after dragging a deer a mile out of the woods, it seemed like a lot of work.

I take them as a challenge, I'm a joker and love to mess with people. I have carried mounted deer in just for guys to get pictures of something in the dark that they might try to hunt. I have had them stolen on private, I figured they needed to remove the evidence.

I know of guys who pull the cards and view and erase them. Nothing but theft in my opinion. It's public, and where legal why mess with someone else's work. Other than to get them excited over the crap spot they hung a camera.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I had a card stolen from one of mine last week on public. Now I bring sticks in and put them up 12ft. I wouldn’t ever think of touching someone’s trail cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always pose for them! Still wonder what a guy in Wyoming thought when he got a few posed pictures of 3 guys a few miles in. . .

Found a camera last year on a very popular OHV road that was from the local University. Had a sticker on it that they were doing a wildlife study with contact information on it. Only one I’ve ever came across

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280Ackley

WKR
A guy put a couple up on a nice ridge trail I whitetail hunt on along with a treestand this year. I happened to come in from the back side that day and shot a buck before I saw them. So all he got was a nice picture of a buck on my pack when we were headed out!! My son took this picture, but I posed in front of his camera just like this to be sure he saw!😂😂😂8C914F9E-DF13-4126-8857-C735259BD1EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I had someone pull my SD Card and erase all the photos, except the first one and the last. The last one was of me walking up to the camera. I am guessing the indivicual had just been there. Because the first picture he left on the card was of me walking away when I left the camera. It had been there for over 2 weeks, so I know there was photos on it.
I guess I was raised with different values. Do not mess with other peoples stuff......

I’ve run into plenty and just sort of wave as I walk by.

I did find one in a burn zone. The tree had mostly burnt and then fell over smashing the cam to bits. Then about a 100 yards away sitting on top of some ash was a SIM card in perfect shape with some really nice white tails on it, both before and immediately after the fire. I still can’t figure that one out??

Last year I found one laying in the middle of a gated old logging road. That SIM card chronicled it’s demise of a big ‘ol bear thrashing it to pieces.

I do wonder how many “stolen” cams were “stolen” by bears. The few times my cams were no longer on the tree I left them on I’ve been able to find them relatively near by either trashed by a bear or in one case a cow elk that used it as a scratching post every afternoon.

JeffP_Or

WKR
I have come across a few. Have been able to approach from behind, reach around the tree and give a simple thumbs up in front of the camera. One, when doing the thumbs up did not trigger; it was the exact model of one I own so I opened it and saw the batteries were dead. I rummaged around in my pack to replace them but could not come up with a full set of new ones. Put it back as it was and moved on. I'm technically challenged so never have a card reader with me. Would be disappointed if someone messed with mine behind a goofy picture or two - treat others a you would want them to treat you?

Opah

WKR
I didn't notice it till I was finishing up with the paper work.
I was so happy it didn't end up on the internet !
Now if nature calls I take a good look around first

I always avoid their view if I spot it first, but pose if I notice it too late.
I didn't notice it till I was finishing up with the paper work.
I was so happy it didn't end up on the internet !
Now if nature calls I take a good look around first
Would it be unethical to tamper with a camera solely to erase pictures of yourself using the bathroom?