Ever seen a strutting hen?

My daughter has a youth tag and we had 2 hens come in that stayed for a little over 30 minutes. One of them was full strut and beating the crap out of the decoy. They were 18 yards or less the entire 30 minutes and I just couldn't grow a beard on either one. But regardless it was very cool to see a hen strut around
619ecd3c38314417dcae38101d50b590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packer58

WKR
Iv'e never seen a hen strut like a tom........but have seen a few with short beards....

I've seen that a few times. The first one almost got folded...

Our opener is Saturday and I can't wait to get after them.

DerkPerk

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pet eastern hen that we hatched and raised with our chickens. She does that as a dominant gesture to the other birds and sometimes me. I’m sure to put her in her place so she doesn’t pull that with my daughters... Before she was confirmed a hen, I thought we had a Tom. Never seen it in the wild though.
f64347cd1fd05ef1728d69fd7e5fc20c.jpg

OP
huntinfool84
It was just crazy to see, I'm not much of a turkey hunter as I've only killed one myself about 5 years ago. When I seen her strutting I just knew it was a jake, I had my daughter ready on the gun a couple times just knowing it had to be a jake! I just could not pick up a beard in my binos at 18 yards, so we got a couple pics and a couple videos. We sent out a video to a couple family and friends then I sent them the "turkey down" text with the following pic lol

38aab848707ece6ab8de0d84ff65511a.jpg

KHNC

WKR
I shot a gobbling hen once. FORTUNATELY, it had a 8 inch beard. Those are legal in NC. Weak sounding gobble, but it did. i was very relieved to see the beard when i rolled it over.

I have seen hens strut and fight with each other and all the Tom could do was stand there and watch...seems like a see hens fight the most when they dusting themselves...hen get down start dusting and then out of nowhere another one will come in and strut and run her off.

JAD915

Lil-Rokslider
A few years ago I saw a hen doing what looked like strutting, an even let out a couple calls that sounded like gobbles. I've read that all turkeys can make the same vocalizations.